
A Simple Woman's Daybook for today, November 17, 2008...
Outside my window...it's cold! I love it, I am going to make myself a cup of decaf coffee here soon and enjoy it without sweating.
I am thinking...about all the things that I need to do this week and praying that I can move through each task without getting all stressed and irritable.
From the learning rooms...just the normal school. I'm really, really wanting to do a lapbook but I can't decide what topic to do. That may have to wait until after the holidays. We'll be doing good to keep plugging through just the normal stuff. On a positive note--it looks like Hannah will finish the first half of her math before Christmas and Grace will finish the first half of her math and her Explode the Code too. On a negative note--that means I have to buy the next books for each of them.
I am thankful for...my husband who has learned to make the best Pad Thai I've ever had!
I am wearing...my PJs of course.
From the kitchen...we had Pad Thai last night. I've got a menu for the week but I don't remember what all I'm making. I think Ollie has some meals planned too, so I will get a couple of nights off from cooking. He is really getting into cooking and I love it!
I am reading...Inflammation Nation and trying to catch up on magazines. I get three magazines--Reader's Digest, Guideposts, and Family Fun and I read them all cover to cover. I'm behind right now though. I haven't finished last month's RD and just got the new one in the mail.
I am hoping...that "Pennies for Bella" at www.penniesforbella.org will bring in lots of pennies (and dollars and Bens) for this family.
I am creating...Joe's quilt finally!
Around the house...mess! I've hardly been home this weekend and I spent all evening on Joe's quilt and did laundry. So, there is stuff everywhere!
One of my favorite things...Christmas music and Christmas sweatshirts--just got one at the yard sale this weekend!
A few plans for the rest of the week...library field trip, finish Joe's quilt, canvas the neighborhood for Pennies for Bella, find the Christmas fabric so I can make some gift bags, school, baking for theatre this weekend.
Here is a picture thought I'm sharing...

This is Bella who is in Ohio preparing for a bone marrow or cord blood transplant in mid-December. She has Hurler's syndrome and this is her best option for treatment. Please pray for her and her family!
If you want to participate in the daybook, go here.
2 comments:
I haven't seen Bella's site yet. I'm looking forward to looking at it.
I still want to start doing this...
Post a Comment