Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Heading Out of Town

We are heading out of town for Thanksgiving tomorrow.  I'm not sure whether I'll have access to a computer or not so the blog may be quiet until next week.  Maybe I'll finally get my Inflammation book finished.  You know, it's not the most interesting read but I'm disciplining myself to read the whole thing before I am "allowed" to start a more enjoyable book.  I need to read this information, it will really help me and that's what is keeping me plugging away.  Unfortunately, the book puts me to sleep.  So, it's taking me a while.  

Anyone else feeling behind as we head into the Christmas season?  I will get back on Sunday and Monday is December 1.  I don't have any of the Christmas stuff out.  I haven't really planned how we will count down the days.  I have lots of ideas (of course) but zero motivation.  One idea I have that I think is doable and I really might actually do is to make a paper chain and on each link put a person or family name to pray for each day counting up to Christmas.  I think I might also add an activity and then stick to actually following through and doing it.  Simple things that I don't mind doing spontaneously--play a board game, go for a bike ride, make cookies, watch a Christmas movie, etc.  I will have to think of things that I will truly be willing to do on the day we open it.  No matter what.  That is the hard part.  I don't think my kids would appreciate it if they open the ring and it says, "go read blogs for an hour," or "go to Target and buy Mom a hot beverage."  So, this will take some thinking but I think I can do it.  I really want to keep our schedule fairly open so that we have TIME together.  I hate feeling rushed and so do my kids.  We'll see how that goes...

I had hoped to decorate the house for Christmas before we went out of town but that is not happening.  I haven't even packed a thing yet and we leave tomorrow.  So, I am already feeling behind which is just dumb because Christmas is not all about having the house decorated and having it all together.  Please help me remember that if you see or talk to me next week when I will likely be trying to go into freak out mode.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

I understand where you're coming from... I'm gone the whole 1st week of Dec and when we get back I have to hit the ground running with Christmas and then Sam leaves for Ghana Jan 5th (at this point)... yi-yi-yi

Lori said...

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed myself. I praying for God's perspective on Christmas. I just want to keep the stuff that matters and let everything else take a leap. Have a great trip!

Tiffany said...

Cheryl--you confused me again! I thought as I read--what? I didn't know Cheryl (my sister) was gone the 1st week of December. Then I remembered--this is Chewhi, not Ingle Nook. I think you should start your comments by saying--"Hi Tiffany, this is not your sister."

Becks said...

Have a happy turkey day! :)

ann marie said...

I like the chain idea and praying for someone. I think I may use that idea! I really like it and my kids would enjoy it. I have already started putting out Christmas decorations because the kids begged me to. It feels so early, but hey, they are really excited about it and I don't want to be a bah humbug. Have a safe journey and I hope you finish your book.

Julie said...

I'm laughing about putting "go read blogs for an hour" or "get Mom a hot drink at Starbucks" On a paper chain. I think if you do the chain you should throw in a couple like that...it is Christmas for you too!

Lisa said...

Have an awesome trip and a great Thanksgiving!