I am feeling super lazy this morning. The kids have friends here who slept over last night. Hannah and Levi spent the night and will be spending the day with us. They are officially our "oldest" friends. Their mom, Marissa, was the first mom I met after Hannah was born. Actually, I met Amy first when I was pregnant with Hannah so I guess I've actually known her longer than any of my other mommy friends. No, actually, I've known Melanie since way before Hannah was born so she wins. Anyway...Marissa and her family will be moving to Virginia in just a couple of weeks. So, we are spending the day with Hannah and Levi to get some time in before they go. This is the first time Joe has had a friend spend the night. They were finally asleep by 11 and up at 6:30. Having a friend over didn't stop Joe from climbing into our bed in the middle of the night though. Will he ever stop? Will I ever be willing to challenge him on this in the middle of the night? Probably not. So, I have nothing to motivate me to get out of my jammies and get it together. That's okay though. Once I start moving I probably won't stop until bedtime so I'll enjoy my downtime and not feel guilty about it. The kids are begging for hot chocolate and I said I'd make it but now I don't want to. I quit buying those nice little packets that make it so easy to make because they have partially hydrogenated oil in them. Instead, I've been making it from scratch. It's actually quite good but takes longer than heating up water and pouring it over some powder. I think I'll try to distract them with something else. Like toaster waffles. Or some spinach.
So, what are you doing today? On my list is some baking--lemon bars and peppermint rice krispy treats. And some sewing--Christmas gift bags. And some organizing and wrapping. We are going to AL for Thanksgiving and I'll be seeing my GA family and I'm planning to take their Christmas gifts. I need to pull all of that together.
Well, I've run out of random thoughts for now. Have a Fabulous Friday!
9 comments:
spinach... yeah, that'll work!
I thought you were off sugar? Who is the lucky recipient of your wares?
I think the "lucky recipient" is Theatre, so anyone who comes to see Bridge to Terabithia can get some of these yummy treats!
Julie's right, the lucky recipients are anyone who comes to Bridge to Terabithia tomorrow night. I just finished!
Julie's right, the lucky recipients are anyone who comes to Bridge to Terabithia tomorrow night. I just finished!
Kate and Jane have a sleep over tomorrow night so we won't be going to the play. Maybe I'll come for the sweets though.
I think home-made hot chocolate is way better. It can be a mess though and my kids never drink all of it.
Cheryl--now that you aren't "Chewhi" anymore I get you confused with my sister who is also named Cheryl. I read my comments through my e-mail and I always read yours as though they are her until I see them on my blog and then I remember that it's you and not her. I don't know why I have this hang up. Her comments come up as "ingle nook" so I really shouldn't confuse them!
And I would never cheer for spinach! :) Miss you. Looking forward to AL.
Where in AL? Are you coming by my way? I'll be in AL the day after Thanksgiving (shopping of course!)
Post a Comment