See this picture above--I'm not going to be doing anything out of that magazine. I may not even open it so I won't be tempted. Around this time every year I get tons of ideas of all sorts of projects I want to do, things I want to make, etc. Sometimes I involve the kids but mostly I just shoo them away so I can craft for hour upon hour. I don't know what it is about Christmas. In general I am not much of a crafter and I'm not very good at it but at Christmas I want to make all sorts of things. Not this year! I've decided that after today's Christmas bags I am done with crafting. I am going to TRY to really give of myself to my kids over the next month. I will play more games with them, watch a movie or two with them (my least favorite thing), read some good books, let them help me in the kitchen, etc. Even though I am home with them all day I tend to get busy doing my own thing and half our day is taken up with school as it is. I have a tiny kitchen and even
though someone
is always asking to help I often say no. So--I'm giving the gift of time. We'll see if I can stick
to it!
1 comment:
Good idea !
Post a Comment