I love to read blogs--almost too much. I check them multiple times a day for updates. I check them at 11:30 at night and first thing in the morning and many times in between. I also enjoy writing in my own blog and sharing pictures. One thing I've been noticing recently though is that for the most part blogwriters share the good things in their life and the accomplishments of the day. We seldom share our really bad days and our faults. Nobody claims not to have them but why would we want to write about them for all the world to see. As a result of seeing everyone's best--it's easy to feel bad about your own worst. Just today I've been made to feel bad about a few choices I've made as I've read other's blogs. One blog I read of a woman in who knows where never fails to make me feel like I'm failing as a wife, mother, homeschooler, etc. So WHY do I continue to read it???? It inspires me when I remind myself to not compare and to remember this is her best. When she doesn't post for a week that is probably when not so great things are happening. So, I would like to write some things that will make others feel GOOD about themselves in comparison. Watch out--these are true confessions.
I tell my kids to shutup when I've really had it. Especially when they are whining. As a kid I thought this was a horrible thing to do. My parents never told me to shutup but I knew a mom who did and I thought she was just awful. How do you think that makes me feel when I lose it and yell at my kids who I love and adore to SHUTUP!
My kids eat a TON of sugar. It starts in the morning with breakfast. Usually waffles with too much syrup. Often the syrup whose first ingredient is high fructose corn syrup. We always seem to have candy in the house and they all eat at least a piece a day, sometimes two, sometimes ten. I would love for them to never eat sugar or eat it very seldomly but that would require discipline on my part which I seriously lack.
I let my four year old son play video games on the computer for hours and hours. We just took away his favorite game because of this obsessive playing but I still allowed it.
My four year old flat out tells me NO sometimes when I ask him to do something. He will ultimately obey but first time obedience???? Not with him. We are working on it but it's hard work!
He also says "stupid" and "dangit." Things I would never let the girls say.
I took them all trick or treating last night! We got loads of candy and they have eaten loads of it. They saw all sorts of really scary costumes.
Well, I have to go for now but I have more. Later!
1 comment:
Wel, I'm comfortable that it is not MY blog you are speaking of...Lol
But whatever, we ARE all works on progress...as long as we don't focus too long on the problems...just long enough to recognize them, confess them and ask God to heal them! Wallowing? NO WAY!
Post a Comment