Thursday, November 1, 2007

True Confessions cont.

Okay, I'm back.  I had to go tutor for an hour.  I actually remembered she was coming.  For the past two months or so every Wednesday and Thursday at 3ish the doorbell would ring and I would think--who is that????  I would forget every week!  It was crazy!  I have remembered this week so that's good.  Maybe I'm getting my brain back.  Anyway--to continue my true confessions.

First, just now while I was tutoring, after writing the last post I almost had a panic attack--I can't believe I just told the bloggy world that I say shutup to my kids.  The facade of perfection has been torn away--a joke in itself because my faults are pretty glaring!  But, I am going to push on with my confessions even if they are embarassing because I started this, so I might as well finish it!

Ollie and I get in fights and go to bed angry.  Sometimes it actually helps to sleep it off.  By the next day our tempers have cooled and we are more humble and ready to listen and settle the dispute.

I let my kids watch tv more than I'd like.  I think Joe has watched "Attack of the Clones" every day this week.  He plays with his "guys" while he watches and acts out the movie but still.

I don't think my kids have ever sang the ABC song while they wash their hands nor have I ever taught them to wash them that long.

They sometimes go a week without a bath.  

Sometimes they go days without brushing their teeth.

I only floss my teeth about every other week.  I never floss theirs!  

School is often not a bit fun here.  Even though I try there is grumbling and complaining and not just from me. :0)  I can be pretty determined when it comes to school and is about the only really disciplined area of my life.  Sometimes I need to just quit and call it a day but I cling tenaciously to my list and what we need to do even when everybody is upset.  

I choose to sleep in and not get up early for a quiet time about half the time.

There is more but I'm not going to go into everything!  I know that I am a work in progress and God is not finished with me yet.  He's grown me in so many other areas and I know that he will grow me in the areas that are still lacking.   I am so thankful for God's grace for me.  I live out humility and honesty with my kids daily.  They see me struggle, strive, succeed, fail, ask forgiveness, laugh, cry, scream, and love-- sometimes all in five minutes.  My prayer is that in spite of my faults my kids will grow up to be godly women and men who are not obese and addicted to sugar.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the true confessions posts!! I thought about our conversation a lot on the way home today. Maybe I'll get up the nerve to post my own true confessions.

Lady G~ said...

Tiffany, you are an unbelievable woman. I really enjoy reading your posts. The "true confessions" one really ROCK!

We are not perfect. Who's to say what's really normal? If something works for you and your family, then go with it.

I know that there are blogs that I visit that make me feel like an awful wife, mom and/or Christian. Then I remember what my Knight always says, we are all unique. No two are alike. What a boring world this would be if we were. Our children were entrusted to us by God. He's the one that chose us to be our children's parents. There is no mistake on that. We raise them as we feel the Lord leading us to. So what if you little guy likes to play videos. Who knows, he might be a future game programmer. He could turn out to be a world famous anime artist. We never know.

You have prompted me into writing a true confessions of my own. I share the real me in my blogs. I can't get away with posting anything that isn't real. Why? Well, my Fair Maidens and my Knight read it. They would certainly call me on it if I lied. LOL! The Holy Spirit convicted me years ago about lying and gossip. I was also told once that omitting part of something is the sin of omission. That one really hit home. So I always share what's in my heart. I'm so glad that you to too. It helps to minister to those that are reading. Keep up the good work... :o)

Steph C. said...

So...does this mean these are the things you are working on? I am going to pray for you in these areas and would encourage others to as well! I listened to Doug's sermon on CD last week (sooo good!)about partnering and praying for others and I will "shoot up" some prayers for YOU! (I've already confessed enough to you! Lol)
Hope this does not sound preachy...confessions ARE good, but even better if it is to someone who can hold us accountable lovingly and partner withus in prayer!

oneblessedmamma said...

Right there with you. I've already confessed to you the blog that causes me the most distress! Why do we let that happen to us?
I feel like my blog is one big "true confession" although there are some things that can't even make it there. There is far more in my blog about my failures than successes. But here's a confession-despite my genuine best efforts, we got NOTHING more than reading (and some MFF if you count "book basket" reading) done this week, and I had purposed to "do school" above all else. ARGH! How does that happen?

Leisa said...

Tif, I am sooo right there with you, but I am going to take another angle than just praying for you. I am going to say It's Ok to let your kids eat sugar, and play video games, and school is NOT always fun, but neither is life sometimes. In the scheme of things does it matter if your kids went a week without a bath? I hope not, since Liv is on day 3 right now ;0) I just don't want you to beat yourself up. I am blogging tonight so I will drag out some good dirt from my closet to share and maybe it will make you feel better. Oh, and the shut up thing I am totally horrified, I bet Ms Shawnie doesn't say "shutup" By the way I said it twice this week, and up until this year it would have never crossed my lips. So I know the horror you feel afterwards and how hard on ourselves we can be. Well I will shut up :)

SHEAFmom said...

You rock!!! :-) I am very happy to have "found" your blog.