Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Very Random Thoughts

I've thought of so many different things over the last few days that I've thought, "I should put that in my blog."  I'll see how many I can remember.  Joe has said a lot of funny stuff lately.  I wish I could remember it all, he is at such a cute, sweet age.  I got the kids some new blanket sleeper pjs and I showed him his and he said, "That is not impressed.  New PJs are not impressed."  I think he meant that they were  not impressive.  I love when he tries to use big words.  

He has been asking a lot of questions about heaven.  Is heaven on earth or above it?  Do dogs go to heaven?  Stuff like that.  On Saturday he pulled a chair up to the world map and started looking for it on the map.  We weren't here, someone was babysitting and she said that while he was looking for heaven he accurately identified about 8 places on the map including Africa.  I'm not sure how he knows these places but I guess with a world map on your dining room wall you are bound to pick up a little geography.  

Ollie and I went to Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival Saturday.  It was really fun.  They have tons of interesting food to try and we ate quite a bit.  We had food from Turkey, New Zealand, India, Poland, South Africa, and I don't remember what else.  It was fun to go on a date with Ollie.  We finished our evening by taking a whirl on Test Track--awesome ride!

 Another funny Joe story--he's been giving me these BIG hugs, he stands on the couch and I have to stand in front of him and he jumps into my arms and squeezes really tight.  He did something wonderful and I told him I was going to give him a BIG hug and I stood on the couch and he stood in front of me.  I really think he thought I was going to jump into his arms and he stood there so bravely ready to recieve his hug.  I did jump down to him but not ON him, I could've smashed him flat if I'd done that.  It was pretty funny.  I crack myself up sometimes.  

Grace has joined the big kid theatre class for the Christmas Spectacular show in December.  She's been cast as a reindeer.  Vixen to be exact.  She is thrilled.  As she was getting her script out of the car she said, "Mom, when you see this don't think I've all of a sudden learned to read, Victoria underlined my lines for me."  She also has lots of ideas for things that they could do in the show.  They are singing "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth."  Well, she has a loose front tooth so she's going to work really hard to get it to come out before the show and maybe the girl who does the solo part of that song might want to hold her tooth up while she sings and dances.  Yeah, I just bet she will.  

Hannah is also in the Christmas Spectacular show, she is Jane--not sure who that is or what she will be doing.  She's already memorized her line though.  Hannah's exciting news is that she is playing an orphan in a production of "Annie, Jr." that they will be performing in December.  This is an adult and kid show and Hannah is thrilled to get to be in it.  They had their first rehearsal tonight.  I think it was a bit of a last minute thing so there is only 5 weeks until the show.  The girls are also in a Performance Troupe that will be performing at quite a few events in December including the pre-show to Annie.  I'm so glad that Grace is getting to do this too.  It will be fun for both of them.  

I am really into pumpkin dishes right now.  I made Pumpkin Rice Pudding the other night--yum!  I'll post the recipe in my next post.  I went looking for Pumpkin ice cream today and there wasn't any in Publix, we got peppermint instead.  Yum!  It is light, 1/3 fewer calories.   That means you can eat three times as much, right?  

I think that's all for now.  

1 comment:

Lady G~ said...

I don't always get a chance to read my favorite blogs. Things at our home are pretty busy. My mother in love has been living with us since August. She's been diagnosed with dementia. She's always been a very dependent(not a typing error) person.
So she keeps us pretty busy.

When I do get a chance, I so enjoy reading your blog. It takes me back to when my children were younger. Brings back such wonderful memories. Your Hannah reminds me so much of my Soaring Amongst The Clouds and your Joseph reminds me of my G.I. Joe.

True confession: I had no hand in teaching my G.I. Joe his colors, numbers, shapes, abc's, states or countries. He learned them all on his own. States and countries he learned (at the age of 6) by watching the Little League World Series. LOL! The other stuff I mentioned he learned by the age of 2, watching Richard Scarry videos. LOL! I was busy with the girls and I would plop a video in for him.

You are such a fun mom. Your children are going to have awesome memories.