At school they have a Star Student every week. When we got to school on Tuesday, they presented Joe with the sticker to wear and told him that because he had been such a good friend that he was the Star Student. This is a pretty lofty position at preschool and kids love being the Star Student. So what did Joe do? Immediately turn to me and whisper, "I don't want to be the Star Student." He was mortified. I knew this day would come, I think every kid gets to be Star Student eventually and I figured he would not be happy. I felt so bad, his teachers were all excited and Joe wouldn't even wear the sticker. The only thing that the Star Student really does is stands up in front of the class and answers a few questions. He asked if he could answer those questions in private and once that was settled he was okay with being the Star Student. I think he was even a little proud. So, the questions he was asked and his answers--
What do you want to be when you grow up? A Jedi
What is your favorite movie? Attack of the Clones
What is your favorite food? Popcorn and M&M's
What is your favorite drink? Lemonade
Today he told me that Miss Mary asked him to go on a date. He said, "I wanted to say no but I said yes because I didn't want to hurt her feelings." So sweet! I'm not sure what this date is, I will ask tomorrow but I think it has something to do with lunch and being the Star Student.
5 comments:
Way to go JOE! Tiffany, I'm sure Joe and your girls are a Star to you every day of the week. ;o)
That's so exciting! Yest., at the park, after you had left, I chatted with him on the swings. He asked me suspiciously how I knew his name. He was especially surprised when I knew his age as well!
The story about Joe not wanting to hurt his teacher's feelings reminded me...
When I was in kindergarten, a really poor stinky boy,(I still remember his smell)told me that if I would marry him, he would give me the money he had in his boot. I just couldn't hurt his feelings so I said yes. I worried for years that he would find me when I was an adult and make me stand by my word.
I forgot the punchline to my last comment. I said to the boy, " I'll marry you, but I just can't take your money."
I forgot the punchline to my last comment. I said to the boy, " I'll marry you, but I just can't take your money."
Post a Comment