Thursday, February 26, 2009

American Idol Recap

Last night's show was a little boring again.  I can't wait for them to just get to the top 12.  The standouts last night were Allison, Adam Lambert, and Megan.  The girl with the weird name did a good job too but she made weird faces and that kind of messed it up for me.  Megan had a weird little hip swingy dance move too but it was kind of cute.  Adam rocked the house and was fun to watch.  I still like the dueling piano player--Matt Giraud and I'd love to see him make it through despite a bad night.  The welder--came across as cocky and boring.  I hate when they don't just take the advice of ALL FOUR judges and insist that they did a great job.  No humility or ability to take the criticism and grow from it.  I also really liked Jasmyn and think she has great potential.  I do not like the interchanges between Ryan Seacrest and Simon.  Especially when they are full of sexual innuendo.  My kids are watching for crying out loud.  Granted most of it probably goes over their head but still.  Not to mention that it's awkward and weird.  They just need to shut up.  

So, my predictions for who's staying are Allison, Adam, and then it's between Megan, Jasmyn, and Matt.  We'll see tonight...

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Megan distracted me with her weird hip-swaying to a beat that didn't seem to be there. And then when Ryan was talking to her after, I was distracted by the TATTOOS on both her arms! I like the 16 yo who sang "Alone"-as the judges said she really knew how to work a stage. I don't know anyone's name-the guys were terribly impressive. WHAT was up up with the guy who did the Jennifer Hudson song-was he for real?!?

Lori said...

Last night was like watching paint dry because I just couldn't get excited about any of the contestants. I always forward through the post-critique banter - I just don't have any patience for it!

Cheryl said...

we've missed it lately... seems there's something every night.