I am doing all crock pot meals this week due to our busy schedule. Today I've tried a new crock pot recipe--Chicken Delicious. It's chicken with cream of celery soup and cream of mushroom soup and sherry. Sounds good enough right? Let's hope it is because it smells AWFUL! I went out for a few hours today and came home and it smelled like someone had vomited in my foyer. I'm not even exaggerating--it was sooo stinky. So, I've dubbed this new recipe Vomit Chicken. I'll let you know if it's any good. Last night we had crock pot lasagna and it was delicious! I highly recommend it.
9 comments:
It might be the combo with the sherry that smells gross. I hate to waste good food on a bad recipe.
I feel that I had the right face at the park after all! So I will spare you the I told you so. Oh, but please change Fridays menu, there is no way you will want to end the week with vomit fish!
So...how did it taste?
One of my family fav crockpot meals is a chuck roast....
1 roast (even frozen, just add more time) 2-3lbs
1 can cream mushroom soup
minced garlic, salt & pepper, to taste.
1/4-1/2 C water.
Dump the above on top the roast & let her go on high for 4 hrs, then turn to low, 'til the roast is tender. Makes a little bit of gravy. We usually don't have leftovers....
I made some crockpot chicken and dumplings the other night and Jason said, "You know what Mommy? Sometimes things look smushy and yucky but they still taste okay."
I hope that was true for your "Vomit Chicken"!
Sonya--that is a family favorite of ours too.
Tree Climber--I'd love the chicken and dumplins crock pot recipe!
Leisa--oh hells no you don't. You don't tell me I told you so.
it's on skinny white *itch, it's ON!
it's on skinny white *itch, it's ON!
Post a Comment