After standing strong all day yesterday in the face of serious cravings for anything sweet I totally caved this evening. My downfall? Peanut Butter Blossoms (peanut butter cookie with a Hershey's kiss). I have to do some baking this week for Joe's birthday and for theatre and I knew I would be in the danger zone. Finally I decided that I would have one of each thing that I make. I need to sample it before letting other people eat it right? Actually, I just decided to quit all this elimination diet stuff and just eat healthily and mostly stay away from sugar. In some ways it's easier to just forbid it but then once my allotted time period is up I will just go crazy and that's not good. So--in moderation. I realized that it's been about a year that I have been on various diets and such and I just need a break. I've learned a lot over the past year and formed some good habits. I've finally fully made the switch to whole grain pasta and brown rice. I've majorly cut the carbs and I've gotten used to having little or no sugar. I've learned to eat fish a lot more often and learned what supplements help and which ones don't. So...I think I'm going to go with that for a while and give myself a break.
Hannah is in "Beauty and the Beast" this weekend. I love show weekends. They are super busy with shows every day for 4 days but I just love watching the kids on stage. This will be the last show for a while, the space the class is using is being closed down and they have nowhere else to go right now. I am hoping they find something by the fall. We'll see... I'll definitely treasure this show much more knowing that it will be the last for a long while. Hannah is playing a "silly girl," and wears this hilarious blonde wig. She gets to fawn all over Gaston.
I'm really getting into TV. We've never been much of a tv watching family. We have never had cable and until this whole digital thing never got much reception so it wasn't that fun to watch tv. When we did watch it was often really fuzzy. Now though, we get great reception and I find myself wanting to watch tv a lot more. I am already watching American Idol twice a week and The Office once a week. Whenever people ask me how I have time to blog I just say, "well, I don't watch tv." I guess I can't say that anymore. So now when someone tells me how they have no time to blog and can't imagine how I have the time (this drives me crazy by the way). I'll just tell them that I neglect my children and my house and my husband. Which is partly true depending on the day...
I'm off to see what's on tv--probably Obama still. I do have some Monk DVDs though.
6 comments:
Still Obama...you should get on Facebook and read all the Status'...they are hysterical.
What about giving up something for lent? I thought of you and giving up sugar. Oh...that is a hard one.
I was just on Facebook, I didn't get yours because I'm not watching though. I only saw one other status??
Cris--I used to always give something up for lent. Usually something really hard for me. In high school I worked at Baskin Robbins and I gave up ice cream. It was a long 40 days!! I've been giving up for a long time so I think I'm just going to take a break from giving things up. For lent I'm going to take something on--sugar daily! Just kidding...I'm giving up extreme sports this year. I miss you Cris!!! Why don't you come visit for a Tuesday park day? Just one?
lol! that's why I like my laptop. I can kinda watch what the family is watching and do this at the same time.
I've really gotten into Monk too. He is hilarious and so very sad at the same time.
I use our laptop so I can blog and watch TV at the same time... multi-tasking!
Post a Comment