Monday, February 9, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook




A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...February 9, 2009



Outside my window...the lush green yard that I left almost 3 weeks ago is now mostly brown. 4 nights of 28 degrees has taken its toll on our tropical fruit trees.



I am thinking...what should I have for breakfast?



I am thankful for...peanut butter and bananas.



From the learning rooms...I'm eager to get started again with school. We have about 6 or 7 weeks before Spring Break and I have lots I want to accomplish. I'm adding some things to Joe's school, some hands on activities that I think he will enjoy. I'm also committed to doing some art projects.



From the kitchen...I mentioned this in my post yesterday...chicken cobbler casserole, beef stroganoff, chicken stew, turkey burgers on a stick, and vegetables on the side.



I am wearing...pjs and a sweatshirt



I am creating...a more ordered day I hope



I am going...to the doctor this morning, pray for good results from my bloodwork!



I am reading...also covered this yesterday--The Shack! With the kids I will be finishing "The Moffats," and starting "Treasures of the Snow." We also have a boatload of magazines to plow through. I'm really anal about magazines. I insist that we read them cover to cover. We get three a month right now so needless to say we are perpetually behind.



Around the house...once again I am trying to get us into a routine that includes regular chores for the kids. I fail at this every time I try but I'm going to really try harder this time to keep us in a routine.



One of my favorite things...American Idol!



A few plans for the rest of the week...doctor, friend's house (Giselle's!), play tomorrow, Keepers meeting tomorrow afternoon, nursing home on Wednesday, start back to tutoring on Thursday, all sorts of stuff on Saturday, and whatever else gets thrown in!



Here is a picture thought I'm sharing...

Joe passing out Valentines at the nursing home last year.


If you want to participate in the daybook, go here.


7 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Love your picture of Joe with the Seniors, sounds like you have a busy life. Hang in there on making kids do chores it's hard but do able.

Aisling said...

I finished the shack a few weeks ago. If you liked the message you should try Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning too.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh peanut butter and bananas...a great combination together...or one of each separately. Either way.

My post this week is all about what the day has in store for me for my 60th birthday. Do drop by if you can if you're not too busy.

Keeper of the Home said...

What a dear photo. You have a wonderful young man there.

Jen said...

I loved your picture. I also struggle with getting the children to do their chores. It is my fault because it is easier for me to just do them than keep reminding them. But I am also working on correcting this. Good luck to you. I love peanut butter and bananas!!

Anonymous said...

I hope the doctor has good news for you. I also just read the Shack hope you enjoy it I definetley did.

Sarah said...

Hope you have a good report from the doctor. My dh read The Shack, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet.

Good luck with the jobs - we had done really well with our kiddos for about a month, but we need to get back on track too. It is so hard when you're busy!