I can't seem to get into the daybook thing today. Weird for me but I can be fickle like that. It just seems like too much work. I've had a lazy day and I'd hate to ruin it with doing something that feels like work. Today was our last full day here in Chicagoland. Most of the family went downtown to the Field Museum but I stayed home because all that walking is too much for my back. I didn't actually stay home though. This morning I visited Marissa and Shelly's sister, Keri and her sweet baby, Leah. She has the best little chubby thighs ever!! Leah that is, not Keri. After our visit I went to a movie all by myself. I don't think I have ever done that. I should have gone to see "Julie and Julia" since I read the book with the intention of going to the movie while here in Chicago but the movie hasn't had good reviews so I saw the new Harry Potter movie instead. It did not disappoint. It was really good. I love seeing how the actors and actresses have grown up. My kids have gotten into Harry Potter lately. They have listened to the first three books on CD during all of our traveling and seen the first three movies. I need to decide now if we will continue or take a break. The story gets pretty intense and involved and I'm not sure they can even really follow it. We'll see. Tonight we had our last big family dinner and then the kids played outside for a long time. I love that there are sidewalks everywhere here. It makes outside play so much more fun. Grace and Joe whizzed up and down the block on the scooter and Hannah on her roller blades. Those were her birthday present. Her birthday was yesterday, she's 10! I'll blog about it eventually when I'm not so lazy and feel like getting some pictures up too. It was a nice evening with the fam. Tomorrow we are (imagine Willie Nelson singing) "on the road again..." We are due in VA at Marissa's on Wednesday afternoon. We plan to camp somewhere between here and there tomorrow night. Please pray for a dry day! I don't know that my fragile nerves can stand another rainy night. Not sure when or if I'll make it back to the bloggy world before we get home this weekend. So, until we meet again...peace out!
2 comments:
YOU are the best! Praying for dry skies & soft ground. Good visit & safe return. We miss you here.
Sounds like a great vacation... I'll pray for cool and dry evenings for you guys!
Post a Comment