We are camping right now in Beaufort, SC. The campground happens to have wireless so we are really "roughing" it while I read blogs and check e-mail. The kids are knocked out for the night, they haven't gone to bed before 11 for the last three nights so they are pretty wiped out. We are in the home stretch of our trip, heading home tomorrow morning. I truly can't wait. It was hard for me to stop and camp tonight knowing that just 5 more hours or so and we'd be home. I'm glad we did stop though, my back was hurting and 5 more hours would have seemed like forever. After a night of sleep it will seem like an easy drive compared to our other longer days. We should be home by early afternoon--can I get a WOOHOO!!! I love a good vacation but I love coming home even more. I told Ollie tonight that I can't wait to plan a menu for the week, grocery shop, just do NORMAL life stuff. Nothing like a two week vacation to make you appreciate your normal daily life. We've had a great vacation though. I've got lots of great pictures to share later. We spent the last two nights at Ben and Marissa's in VA. It was so good catching up with them and spending tons of time holding the new baby, Elijah. I even got some sweet smiles out of the little guy. It was sad for all of us to say goodbye again. I'm off to do a little reading before bed. I'm trying to finish "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" before book club on Monday. I've had very little reading time on this trip and I'm behind! Peace out!
1 comment:
WOOHOO!!!
Post a Comment