- I need a sewing station that can stay up permanently. Right now we are set up on the school table and Hannah is working on quilt squares. She started making a quilt about a year or more ago and we already had some fabric cut and ready to piece together so she's working on those squares. Grace has some ready to sew as
well. Hopefully they will both finish these quilts in the next couple of months.
- I am seriously considering becoming a Pampered Chef consultant. Somebody talk me out of it. Give me all your reasons why I should not do this. Here's a couple to get you started--it's crazy to start a business like this in this economy and I am far too unorganized and busy already to make this work. I have always said that someday I'm going to be a PC consultant. I love the products, love teaching, love people, love money,... you get the idea. In the past I've always been able to put the idea out of my head and move on but this time I just keep thinking about it. We could use the extra money and I could make as much or more than I make tutoring. I could decide how much or how little I was willing to work--I'm thinking one show a week and that's it. I am seriously praying about it and have asked God to make it crystal clear if it's a go. So, come on and talk me out of it.
- This is my 1,013th post--should I do "1000 things about me?"
- The chores are still going really well. I am thrilled! Amy W--if you want more info I can e-mail you and tell you more about it. Or--if anybody else cares I can devote a blog post to it. Let me know in the comments. Below is a sample of the lists posted in every room.
- I have printed the planners and have one of them in a notebook but have yet to write anything in them. That's on my list for today.
- I took the "Writing With Ease" workbook to Office Depot to have it copied and bound so that I can use it with Grace and Joe. The price of all that--the teacher part bound, the student part photocopied and made into two spiral books cost me more than if I had just ordered a second book. Ugh! I thought I was being frugal.
- Speaking of frugal--I really want to quit spending money. I feel like I have spending diarrhea lately and we need to be saving money. We now have a new car to pay for. The problem is we keep needing stuff. I am not buying all sorts of unnecessary things or anything. It's just that time of year I guess. I am hoping that I've bought the last of what we need to start school and can take a break on the spending.
The kids got a Dunkin' gift card for their birthdays from Aunt Lisa and family. Ice cream and donuts--does it get any better?
Hannah dressed herself and Grace up the other day. I think we need to learn the makeup lesson that "less is more." Grace's eyes are just awful!! Love the outfits though.
9 comments:
Awww...go ahead and do the Pamoered Chef,it will get you out of the house and you can make some money!
Will you come and train my girls to do chores!!!!!!
I'm thinking Hannah and I are two peas in a pod! HA!
Oh, love the beauty boutique! I think she will like her birthday present from us - it goes with the whole beauty thing.
Can we go into PC business together? I'll do all the paperwork - you do the party/selling thing.
I feel the same about the spending at this time of year - but, it can't be helped. We need supplies, Luke needs supplies - it's just life.
I think you should do the PC thing and look, Melissa just offered to do the stuff you didn't want to do. You are a natural. Seriously, you are totally at ease in front of people, everyone loves you, you'll make a million bucks, what's there to think about? Just do it. It will be life changing ;)
And I love that bedroom, that is so cute. Tell her I need my hair done. Believe me, it will be a step up from where I am currently having it done (in my bathroom, by my very own self, with a pair of sewing scissors I found on the floor.)
Shawnie--you and Hannah are very much alike. When Joe was going to preschool she'd practically fight her way to the front of the van to see what you were wearing when we dropped him off. Sure, I'll come train your girls to do chores if you'll cook for me. Your dinners always sound so good.
Melissa--I'd love to go into business together. You can have all the paperwork and I can have all the fun!
About the spending--after a $100 trip to the grocery store I told Ollie that I was not going to spend a dime anywhere next week for anything. We will quickly run out of fresh vegetables and fruit but we will just have to deal with canned and frozen, we have plenty of that!
AnnMarie--when do you want to make an appt?
And--do you really think I could make a million dollars? If so, I'm going for it!
Love Pampered Chef... I say go for it if it's not costly to get set-up.
Go for the Pampered Chef thing! I love PC! And I'd love it if you did a blog post on your chore system.
Reality Check...Here are several reasons you should consider NOT doing PC. (I did it...I know!)
1. you bring ALL the dirty dishes home and you don't have a dish washer
2. It's NOT easy to make that much money.
3. Once people have the products...they have the products and they don't reorder
4. It is LOTS of work! really...and eventually, you run out of friend.
5. people cancel your 1 show a week and then you have issues
6. there is a minimum order stay active...if you don't have a good show you don't have the min. order and you have to do more shows!
7. you really don't make much $$
8. it isn't a consumable product so once people have a bar pan....they have a bar pan!
9. this is strictly my opinion...in this economy people aren't going to spend 29.50 for a food chopper, they are going to get the 9.00 at Walmart and IF it breaks...get a new one.
10. I love you enough to tell you, it's fun, but it's not as easy as it seems and very little profit to me made once you factor in your real time to do the business...phone calls, order placing, etc.
I will support whatever you do...and even buy something from your 1st show. I know lots of PC people and only 1 successful PC person and she makes $$ because she does it FULL time.
Praying for you to make the decision that is best for you and your family.
please excuse the few typos in my previous message...I was on a roll!
I agree with Ingle Nook. I will say I do want another bar pan and another apple wedger, but those are things I want, not need. It is hard to have a direct sale business. I'm trying to do it with Juice Plus. When people cancel, I show up at an event with just me. Not a very comfortable feeling. I do not have the time to do this full time, and my little paycheck shows it. My last one was $2.15. I am not getting rich, but my family is healthy. I'm trying to figure out if I want to back out of being a distributor or just hang in there. I'm leaning towards backing out. I think you would be great at it, but is it worth what you have to do? Just my two cents.
Post a Comment