It has been a very productive week around here. I think I've accomplished more this week than all of the summer put together. I'm happy to report that my whole house is clean and tidy all at the same time. I worked my way through each room and now have the kids doing regular chores to keep it that way. After years of talking about my kids doing chores I've finally done it. Marissa helped me put my lists together and gave me some tips and I typed up the lists when I got home. Each room has a list in it with what has to be done daily and what extra thing has to be done each day. I still have the majority of the work on Tuesdays. Our Home Economics Tuesdays were working so well that I am going to continue with that. I hope to add cooking on Tuesdays as well. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So far the kids are cooperating. Joe had a bit of a fit today over something but he made his bed without saying a word. The quilt is on sideways so it doesn't cover the whole bed and hangs way off one side but I'm not complaining. Tomorrow I will help him out and show him how to turn it straight. One of his jobs is to put all the shoes on the shelf in the foyer. He is the worst offender about leaving his shoes in the floor but yesterday when he came in I noticed he lined his shoes up on the shelf right away. I thought about adding laundry to the list of chores for my kids. They could easily take over that job but then I realized that I like to do laundry. Especially folding. I love to get the corners straight and everything neatly folded. In a pinch I have the kids help me and have taught them to fold but I usually just do it. Saying I like to do laundry reminds me of the time when I was in second grade and announced on the school bus that I liked to clean toilets. That earned me the name "Miss Tidy Bowl" from the neighborhood bullies. What would those bullies call me now with my admission that I like to do laundry? Any ideas? Let's get creative ladies.
I also got all my curriculum ordered and my plan books ready to be bound. I have my household notebook stuff organized in a notebook but haven't actually written anything in there yet. Baby steps.
Today I've been nothing but lazy. I did oversee the chores the kids were doing and made my bed but that's it. I'm not feeling that great. Hannah had a bug earlier in the week and I'm hoping I don't have it. I just feel sluggish and blah. I have/had big plans to go shopping at Albertson's today. They are having a big sale--lots of Buy 1, Get 2 free and I have a coupon for $5 off a purchase of $50 or more. I wish I had some other coupons to use for the stuff I'm buying. I think I'll buy a Sunday paper this week and clip some coupons. Baby steps. I also can't decide if I should go to Old Navy or not. They have kid's jeans for $10 and adult jeans for $19. We don't need jeans now, nor is it a good time financially, but we will need jeans in two months and this is such a good deal. I'd love for my kids (and myself) to have a decent pair of jeans this year instead of the $10 Target jeans that we always get. They do make good patch shorts though when the knee rips (as it always does). Decisions, decisions.
Peace out...have a blessed day!
3 comments:
Wow...you have accomplished alot!!! I think with all that you have done this week, you should treat yourself to the Old Navy Jeans :)
Good luck at Albertson's :) and I think baby steppin with the coupons is a good way to go, then if see that you really like doing it...then you can go "coupon crazy" . Also hope you feel better soon!!!
oh... I pray you don't come down with something to impede progress! I was at Kmart and Walgreens yesterday. Saved about half in both places... but I'm going back to Kmart 'cause I bought some make-up for Ann and I don't think the coupons doubled... if it's not doubling, I'm getting my money back for a couple of those items! Make-up is expensive! Since it's near Albertson's, I'll be hitting there after. I still have to go to Sams, I was hoping to cut them out of the budget since I've started couponing but there's a few things there I can't give up yet. Baby steps!!
Miss Dryer Dork?
Post a Comment