As we speak I am missing my 20 year class reunion. There is a part of me that wishes I was there but a bigger part of me that is glad I am not. I do wish I could be a fly on the wall though. One of my classmates has already put some pictures on Facebook and they were fun to see. I'm hoping more will be added later tonight and tomorrow. I think I would have been more into going if it wasn't for Facebook. Through FB I have reconnected with those I really wanted to reconnect with and been able to see pictures and hear about the lives of so many others. It probably would have been fun to be there though. It just wasn't a good weekend for me. I feel like I just got back in town and was definitely not up for another trip. So, I am just home checking FB constantly to see if anyone has put up any pictures. Because of the upcoming reunion and people getting nostalgic I have talked to a few old classmates this week. One of them told me that the reunion is at a resort and that you can wear your bathing suit if you want to! That absolutely cracked me up--who in their right mind would wear a bathing suit at your 20 year reunion?? The only kind of person I can think of who might wear a bathing suit is someone who was really fat in high school and is now thin and looking good and wants to show it off. Or a guy. I'll let you know if I see any pictures on FB of old classmates in bathing suits.
I am wiped out tonight. We had a birthday party for Hannah today that included a trip to the mall to do a scavenger hunt. I researched this online and found dozens of websites with sample lists and ideas and "testimonials." No one bothered to mention that malls don't allow this. That's what we found out after we got there and had our clipboards in hand ready for some fun. A mall manager noticed us and came and rained on our parade telling us we couldn't do it. I tried to show her our list so that she could see that we weren't trying to get things and do things that were distracting to shoppers or crazy and wild. She wasn't going for it though. So, after some quick thinking and probably poor judgement I let the girls go with their groups and just walk the mall for two hours and look at whatever they wanted and if they so happened to find things from the scavenger hunt list they could get them, do them, whatever. Well, after two hours all three groups had completed the scavenger hunt "under the radar." They had a ball and totally behaved themselves. In hindsight I've felt really bad about breaking the mall rules and doing our own thing. I've sent out an e-mail apologizing to the moms for setting a poor example and suggested they talk to the girls about how we aren't supposed to break rules...but did I mention that they had a ball??? I will post pictures later. They had to find out some information--how much is a cool wrap at Chick-fil-a? What is the most expensive pair of men's shoes at Foot Locker? How much is a Hannah Montana CD? What is the name of the worker at Claire's? and so on. They also had to get some stuff--a ketchup packet, a piece of toilet paper, a perfume sample, etc. And, they had to take some pictures--a picture of someone on the escalator, hiding behind a tree, making a silly face, etc. After the shopping we came back to the house and compared notes and collected items and had cake and presents. Then after everybody went home I crashed.
Well, I'm off to watch the movie, "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn," for the Take a Chance Challenge.
Peace out peeps....
6 comments:
Sounds so fun! Why do MALL COPS ruin everything? In honor of Peaches blog...screw you!
You mean "screw you" to the mall cop and not to me right?
It sounds like it was all very innocent fun..too bad the "Mall Cop" had to be such a poop!
ahhh...mall scavenger hunts...what fun memories. We used to do them with our high school youth group from CC Orlando. Except ours was a video scavenger hunt. They had to do really embarrassing things (ie. loudly sing a children's song "Broadway" style while riding down an escalator at Dillard's) and we videotaped it. We never got in trouble though. I guess folks are just more uptight now.
I'm glad the girls had such a great time!
Yuck on the bathing suit thing. I mean really? Wow - just yuck.
Also, I was very sad my girls had to miss the party, but now that I found out you broke the rules I'm even more disappointed. It sounds like a lot of fun. I'll tell the girls what a good time they missed. No, I won't do that!
You are such a rebel ((LOL))..I love the scavenger hunt idea. I have never heard of that before!! I am glad you continued and everyone had fun.
Post a Comment