Monday, August 24, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...August 24, 2009
Outside my window...it's a sunny day and for once I'm thankful. It was cloudy this morning and I was worried that it was going to rain. I have laundry out on the line and we are planning an afternoon at the splash park. I am going to be brave and leave the house with the laundry still on the line. There is a very good chance that a storm will roll in but I am going to risk it.
I am thinking...that I may bring in the underwear, panties, and bras drying on the picnic table, what if it is a windy storm and my unmentionables end up all over someone's yard. That would be awkward.
From the learning rooms...I can't wait for the mail this week. I have packages coming from about 4 different orders--new schoolbooks and paint and a photobook. Woohoo! I love getting packages. As each item comes I'll be perusing it and adding it to my plans. I also need to get my plan books finished and bound. The kids are having a week of fun in the sun before hitting the books next week.
I am thankful for...a really fun, memorable summer! And now I am thankful for routine!
From the kitchen...tacos tonight, and eating our way through the contents of our fridge and freezer and pantry. We have a lot of food in this house!!
I am wearing...my favorite denim shorts and the same shirt as Melissa. We've had the same shirt since the spring and I think this is the first time we've worn it on the same day.
I am reading...Hannah's Archie comics and a book by Debbie MacComber. I'm thinking I'm not going to finish the book though. It's too predictable and a bit boring. I REALLY need to read, "Teach Your Child to Read With Children's Books." I've needed to read that since about April.
I am hoping...for the energy I had last week to repeat itself.
I am creating...organized paperwork and a plan for the school year
Around the house...it's nice and tidy. Loving the chore charts. I think I have finally found a system that is going to work for us (thanks Marissa!!). I know it hasn't even been a week but it is really going smoothly and the things I'm having the kids do seems to work well for them. It is also motivating me to work while they work so everything is getting done. I love it!
One of my favorite things...a made bed, really.
A few plans for the rest of the week...visiting with friends, swimming, a Pampered Chef party, a scrapbooking night, organizing and planning!
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...A picture from the last theatre show of the summer. I love these girls!!

10 comments:

Cristy said...

My mother has always said that no matter how cluttered and junky a room is, if the bed is made, the room looks a million times better. I tend to agree. I may take a few things from your chore charts. (Thanks, Marissa!)

Sarah said...

Hey friend!

Love the thought about the unmentionables...that would be slightly embarrassing!

Good luck continuing to work through the curriculum...we started today and it went relatively well, despite my lack of prep. Each day will get better, i'm sure...

Julie said...

I'm giggling to myself about the picture and thinking about how people might assume things about the girl with the short dress and all the makeup.

Cindy said...

I'm agreeing with Christy's mom-I have this thing about always making the bed even when you can hardly get into the room! Julie-I was giggling to once I saw her (I always look for Madi in Tiffany's pictures!) Wasn't she the same one buying hairspray and using the cellphone a week or so ago?! LOL Tiffany- I also giggled at the thought of the awkwardness of your unmentionables blowing into the neighbor's yard! Have a great week!

Shawnie said...

LOL...I think it would be so funny seeing you chase your panties down the street...LOL

Smith Schoolhouse said...

funny- I didn't notice the make up r the short dress but I was thinking how Hannah H has her sister with her and Hannah P has her sister with her but Madi & Madi just have each other because the both have two brothers. It reminded me of something Julie would think of.

Smith Schoolhouse said...

and WOW- look how tall Hannah Humston is!

DebiH. said...

I thought that about the sisters too! And yes, Hannah H is very tall. I have not measured her but I think she is the same height as me now.

Cheryl said...

hope your week goes well and your plans come together!

Anonymous said...

SOS...I NEED the chore ideas and how is the planner working out??? I'm also thinking that i really need to have a plan for meals for hte week to. is this true or a big drama i'm creating for myself??