Friday, August 7, 2009

More Pictures

Hannah and Ellie before our Indian feast we had at Tim and Lisa's the other night. There is never a dull meal in this family. We've had Indian, turkey burgers stuffed with mushrooms and homemade aioli, paella, and tonight is Polynesian I think and tomorrow night Dad's famous pizza. We don't go hungry while we are here that's for sure!
Gabi and Kea enjoying the summer evening. The weather has been just perfect here. Actually even a little chilly but I'm not complaining! It's supposed to be hot this weekend though.

The rest of these pictures are from Wisconsin. We spent a couple of nights at a cabin in Wisconsin. It was a log cabin and I just loved the rustic yet comfortable atmosphere. The lady that owns it has a real gift for making a place interesting and homey. I could have stayed there for weeks. In the picture above the little girls are enjoying a big basket full of vintage Strawberry Shortcake dolls--Caryn you would have been in heaven. I took a picture of everything for you (see below). And the picture below here is of Gabi the master chef preparing our dinner with a little help from Lisa. You can go to Gabi's blog to read more about his culinary efforts at Mamaliga.

Grace and Joe were thrilled to find a basket and tub full of legos and even some Harry Potter legos!! They are really into legos and Harry Potter right now so to combine the two...just thrilling! And below, Mels liked the starfish collection.

Here's the living room--comfy couch, fireplace, stacks of books, puzzle table, a great view....
For you Caryn...Hannah painstakingly set these out while the little girls pleaded to be able to play with them. I also have a couple of close ups if you want to see more. :0)
Right next to the cabin was a steep hill down and then a creek with a rope swing. The kids loved going down to the creek and swinging and swinging. Just like in Bridge to Terabithia but thankfully no one died. And, we couldn't quite swing into Terabithia--just back and forth from the same bank.

Downstairs was a ping pong table and Grace and I tried very hard to play with very little success.
We took a golf cart to the nearby lake--Gabi and I took the little girls while the big girls ran behind.
The lake had this inflatable canoe and a paddle boat. We rigged this boat to the paddleboat and pulled it around the small lake. The little girls loved that. Corrie even took her nap while being pulled around the lake. The weather was perfect, a little cold for swimming in my opinion but it didn't stop anyone else.
I know this picture is dark but it's a cute one of Joe on the rope swing. I'm too lazy to try to lighten it up right now.

The last night we were there we all went down to the rope swing and took a turn, except me--I'm the party pooper. I wasn't sure my arthritic hands could hold me but I had fun watching everyone else. We are back in Chicago now and looking forward to a laid back weekend. Hannah's birthday is Sunday and we are celebrating tomorrow night. She and Grandma are making a Boston Cream Pie. Yum!

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Yeah blog post and pictures!! Looks like everyone is having a blast!!Give my love to all,
Mom

Cindy said...

looks like a great place and that fun is being had by all!