Monday, November 29, 2010

Multitasking Monday


The kids are in a Christmas Cabaret this coming Saturday and there was a lot to do to prepare so Amanda and I decided to have "Multitasking Monday." She came over pretty early and we wrapped raffle prizes and other empty boxes as props. Then I made a Christmas tree costume and Amanda decorated it while Hannah stood as the model. It turned out really cute and was so easy! Oh, and Landon helped. While Amanda decorated Grace and I worked on belts/ties for the brothers in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." All of this took a few hours and we finished up around lunchtime.


After lunch the girls did school (Joe had finished school earlier in the day) and I vacuumed, folded and put away laundry, did dishes, and general picking up around the house. They took a break for us to make a Target run for Christmas t-shirts for a Christmas photo tonight.

Once we got home I spent the next 4 hours making a Thanksgiving dinner. I didn't have leftovers this year which was fine since there were lots of hungry people at H and B's but then I missed them so I just decided to make Thanksgiving dinner again. So, I made a turkey, stuffing (because I cannot successfully make dressing), mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, cranberry sauce, green beans, and a pumpkin pie. We just finished dinner and the pie is in the oven--I'm stuffed but there is always room for pumpkin pie.

I was busy all day after staying up until 1 am working on a photo book and now I'm about to go flop-bottom so I've postponed our Christmas photo shoot. We were just going to walk downtown and take a picture in front of some fun Christmas lights so we can do that another night. There's really no rush and I may just end up doing it during the day this week. I'd love it if I could get one of the girls to wear the Christmas tree costume and dress the other two in something equally hokey and super cute and then take their picture in front of something Christmasy. We'll see....I bet I could bribe Grace to do it. After a whole day of multi-tasking I'm planning to uni-task tonight and hit the hay early!

1 comment:

Ingle Nook said...

your thanksgiving do over looked yummo! Have a good day tomorrow.