Saturday, November 13, 2010

Seven Quick Takes

1. I've got so much to do to get ready to go to Clearwater tomorrow evening. We have to take some paperwork and I haven't printed it yet or even really looked at it. I don't know what we're wearing yet either and not even sure we have what we are required to wear--solid colored summer clothes in bright colors. I need to look through girls' drawers and my own and see what we have. We may have to make a run to Target tomorrow...
2. This blogging every day is harder than I thought it would be. I'm not too into it now and having a hard time coming up with seven things to talk about. Just got one out of the way though by talking about not knowing what to talk about.
3. Okay, so as much as I will talk and dream and threaten...I will never dread my hair. I don't have the courage and that is that. I just wish I had thought of this back when I was in my 20s. I totally would have done it then. Shucks.
4. A good friend of mine from high school is losing his wife to cancer. She has been battling breast cancer for a long time and now it is in her brain and spinal fluid. She is unconscious right now due to the heavy pain medication. It is my prayer that she will be able to wake up enough for her daughters to tell her goodbye. They have three girls...who are losing their mom and it's breaking my heart. I hurt for them even though I have never met them. I lost a good friend in December of last year and this is reminding me of that a lot. If you think about would you pray for them--Jean and John.
5. Grace is waiting on me to play a game with her. We have so many great games and unfortunately don't play them as often as we should. The days just fly by and often I am tired by the evening and need time to just read and not interact with anyone. Not sure how to resolve this one. When you homeschool you spend so many hours of your day interacting with your kids that it's hard to then take the time to play with them at the end of a long day when you've had not a moment to yourself. So, tonight I am playing games. Joe and I already played Tic Tac Chek---a fun chess/tic tac toe game. I'm hoping Grace will want to play something like Skip-Bo--much more my style.
6. Once again I have a fridge full of fresh veggies and time is running out to get them made into something before they go bad. Why do I do this to myself?? I only have about 4 or 5 hours tomorrow to take care of that food and get ready to go. Some stuff may just make a premature trip to the compost bin...
7. Pumpkin spice pudding (from a box) for dessert...gotta go!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I agree with you about the posting everyday being hard!

Julie said...

I'm loving that you (and Cindy) are posting everyday!

Our beets (or whatever those beetlike root vegetables were) made an early trip to the compost bin.

ann marie said...

Well, your sister must be relieved about the dreads :)

Kirsten said...

Praying for your friends wife. So sad, that makes we want to cry.