Friday, November 5, 2010

Simplifying? Or Not?

I almost let the day get away from me without posting. I had forgotten all about NaBloPoMo! So, I just read a blog post over at Welcome to My Brain about simplifying life. I so desire to simplify my life yet find myself unwilling to let some things go in order to simplify. In some ways I am coming to the point of accepting that this stage of my life is going to be busy and I can either grump about it and always feel stressed, frustrated, and discontented or I can embrace it and enjoy the wild ride. There are ways I can simplify to make things go smoother--I can have a lower standard for the cleanliness of my house (within reason), I can get better at making simple but tasty and healthy meals (can't be that hard, can it?), I can learn to let some things go and try to accomplish less every day. Most importantly, I can CHOOSE joy and CHOOSE peace and CHOOSE to let things go without worrying over them. Sometimes I am better at this than at other times. These next couple of months are jam packed with school, some fun stuff, and just normal busy life. I am going to get a lot of practice at embracing the wild ride with joy and peace!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Great idea!

Melissa said...

I'm on the wild ride too and determined to embrace it.

My new favorite simple meal:
-saute some onion
-add a can of rinsed black beans
-serve over rice
-top with a this sauce - blend up the flesh of one mango and a banana

ann marie said...

I liked her post. And yours too. I'm a huge homebody and feel most at peace saying no to just about everything. Greg is the exact opposite. I think what I know now after 17 years of being with him is that if either one of us is forced to be too much like the other in this area, we end up completely miserable. So my point is, if you enjoy being busy, embrace it. And that simple meal from Melissa sounds really good.