Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday

  • We just said goodbye to our bunnies. They went to a new home today and although the kids are sad they all agreed that it was for the best. Bunnies are really hard to bond with and the kids had gotten really lazy about getting them out and playing with them. Grace was really the only one taking care of them at all and I felt like they weren't living a happy bunny life. So, we've given them to a family that loves animals and has five kids and we are hoping and praying that they will have a good life there.
  • Do you ever feel like all you do is plan meals, prepare meals, clean up after meals, and start all over again? I sure do. I spend so much time in the kitchen and the meals are then eaten so fast and it's time to do it all again. I used to love to plan meals but now that dairy is not an option and we are also severely cutting back on meat I just can't seem to find my mo-jo. Nothing sounds good or fun to make. Today I made chicken enchiladas and cheese enchiladas and tried not to care about all the dairy. I have a dairy allergy but I'm okay as long as I don't have too much. Anyway, my family was thrilled and loved it. They get so excited now if I cook something from the olden days--when I didn't know so much about food and we ate lots of casseroles and meat and good stuff like that.
  • Joe is in the habit of complaining about every meal I make. I think it's rude and I'm sick of it. I am considering not making him a plate anymore and just spreading some butter on bread and giving him that at every meal until he can appreciate the food he is given. I think some nights he'd be thankful for that bread and butter though...like any night that I make fish.
  • I was going to write more but I'm getting sleepy and think I need a short nap...peace out friends!

2 comments:

ann marie said...

Anthony used to complain all the time about my meals, no matter what it was, so I decided awhile ago that he can pour himself some cereal or make toast. The only thing that won't happen is that I won't be the one pouring or toasting. And also, if he makes even one tiny complaint about the food, he is immediately booted from the kitchen for the entire meal, and he hates that because dinner is when we talk the most and Anthony loves talking more than just about anything else. It sounds cruel to kick someone out of the kitchen but it worked for us.

Julie said...

I keep forgetting to ask you, Madi and I have been trying to figure out who the family with 5 kids that got the bunnies is. You don't have to answer here, this is to remind me to ask you in person.