Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday Evening...

I feel like I've been running all weekend doing this, that, and the other. Unfortunately, I've taken almost no time to rest but I have accomplished a lot--
  • I made three photo books on Snapfish. They had an irresistible deal--buy one get two free. In addition to that I qualified for free shipping (not sure why) and so I got three $30 photo books for just $35. And, I am almost caught up with scrapbooking. One book was Jan., Feb., and Mar. The second book was April, May, and June and the third book was July and August (no room for September). It's been bothering me to be so behind with scrapbooking and I was starting to feel like I could never catch up. I'm hoping for more deals as the Christmas season approaches. I love making photo books and calendars for Christmas gifts.
  • I've been to the gym twice--yesterday and today. I didn't go for almost two weeks and felt awful. After only two days I'm already feeling better. Of course I'm eating healthier too. After almost a week of restaurant food (which I usually LOVE) I was happy to get back in my own kitchen and crank out some healthy meals.
  • I went shopping at Kohl's yesterday and spent too much money. I wonder how many women can say that pretty much every weekend. I can't resist their sales and I was truly in need of some new clothes. I saved $112! Not telling you how much I spent though... (less than $112)
  • I cooked four pie pumpkins today and have a plan to make something out of pumpkin every day this week. Right now I have two pumpkin pies in the oven. I even made homemade pie crust. It looked like a complete fail but I'm hoping it comes out okay once it's cooked. Someday I am going to learn the art of pie crust. I've been taught many times but don't do it enough to get good at it. I would practice more but I'm afraid I'd then eat way too much pie. I'm thinking pumpkin pancakes for breakfast tomorrow and maybe some sort of pumpkin pasta dish this week. Not sure what else--pumpkin bars, pumpkin flan, pumpkin soup?
  • I did take some rest time last night and today and read "The Thirteenth Tale." This is my second time reading it, I don't normally read books more than once but I am reading this for a book club and I wanted to re-familiarize myself with it. Well, I can't believe how much I've forgotten. I read books so fast that I often don't really digest the story before I am on to the next book. This one is as good as I remember--I am LOVING it!! I'm hoping my fellow book club peeps are enjoying it as well.
  • I've done about 5 loads of laundry and it's almost all folded, not put away, but folded. Baby steps people.
The only thing left to do is eat some pie with my family and do lesson plans for school tomorrow. Joe and I are starting Five in a Row and I'm pretty excited. Our first book will be The Salamander Room. I have no idea what it's about but I like the title.
Hope you've had a good weekend!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Now I want some pie!

ann marie said...

I never make my own crust. It seems really hard. I amde pumpkin pancakes last week and they were so good. I put some nutmeg and cinn. inot the mix and Anthony said they were the best tasting pancakes he ever had. And I figured they were a little healthier than regular pancakes.

Cindy said...

very impressive day, Tiffany! I wish I could say mine was as productive!