Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Random, Random, Oh So Random

  • I've been wanting to try my hand at making apple cider doughnuts. I've never made homemade doughnuts and am really intimidated by the frying part. I want to be brave and give it a go anyway though, maybe this weekend.
  • Aunt Harriet just called Grace, "Gross." Was this a Freudian slip? Not very nice Aunt Harriet.
  • I've also wanted to try making pumpkin bread pudding and for the bread I want to use doughnuts. Doesn't that sound so good? Not sure why I'm so into doughnuts right now.
  • I have had a pretty intense headache for two days and I'm pretty sure it's a sinus headache. I've taken Excedrin and had a little relief for a little while but I feel it returning. Ugh! I have irrigated my sinuses too--that's a fancy word for spraying salt water up my nose which then causes lots of snot to stream out of my nose. I'm going to do it again before bed.
  • We are on a vacation from school this week while we are on a short trip to Alabama to see my great aunt. Whenever I get a break from school I get so motivated and excited about what we are going to do as soon as we get back into it. Of course, reality quickly sets in once we get started again...
  • I have been itching to go letterboxing. A friend of mine has planted quite a few around here based on books she has read to her daughter. I have this big idea of taking a day to read a book, go find the letterbox, read a book, go find the letterbox and so on. Sounds like fun doesn't it? I need to plan a day and just do it.
  • Grace got the game Lego Rock Band for her new DSi and Joe has been singing a song from it. I'm not sure exactly what the real lyrics are but it sounds like Joe is singing "Jackass Juliet" over and over and over. Hannah says that the lyric is "Check, yes, Juliette."
  • I just remembered that I still haven't done the "Meme" that I was tagged in...I think I'll do that next.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Laughing so hard about Jackass Juliette!

Cindy said...

I've been wanting to go letterboxing myself! We haven't gone in over 2 years and I'm the only one still interested! I'm just not sure I should go wandering around by myself but I did enjoy it so much!