Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Resurrection Day!

He is Risen! (Now you say, "He is risen, indeed!")
I am excited about going to church this morning. There's always a joyous energy on Easter Sunday. We were saved from our sin by Jesus' death and we have a living God because of His resurrection. Praise God!

I can't believe I'm saying this but I could actually get used to having a dog. At least a dog as calm and sweet as Kiwi. She has been such a joy for all of us to have around. The thing is with dogs, you never know if you will get a good one or not. Some turn out to be well behaved and easygoing and sweet. Others turn out to be maniacs and you just don't know. I know you can train them and turn them into good dogs but every once in a while there is one that is still wild. My parents had a jack russell like that. He never did stop peeing to mark his territory or barking like crazy at the littlest thing. I think that little guy had been overbred. I grew up with boxers and I don't think we ever had a bad boxer (am I right, mom?). Well, there was Dottie. She wasn't exactly bad, just overbred and maybe mentally disabled? :0) Anyway, I doubt we will ever get a dog but babysitting is kind of fun.
Grace and I had the whole day together yesterday. The rest of the fam went out for a day trip. We had been invited to two different events and I had thought we would attend both. But, in the end, after talking to Grace I decided not to go to either one. She had a lot of things she wanted to do with just me. After she spent most of the morning parked in front of the tv we went out to lunch and to Target. Our afternoon and evening went by fast--we took care of bunnies, the dog, the cats, folded laundry, stuffed easter eggs for an egg hunt, played cards, Mastermind, watched a movie, and read books. I LOVED the time I had with Grace and I am so thankful I didn't pack our time with running here, there, and everywhere. I just mostly did whatever she wanted to do and just enjoyed hanging out with her and letting her talk all day with no one to interrupt her. It was a good day.
The fam got back late and happy. They had a good day visiting with some other family and then went to a little Greek town on the coast for dinner. Hannah was thrilled because she got to have octopus for dinner. Joe had "fire cheese." That would be Saganaki--they serve it to you on fire. I asked him if he liked it and he said, "not really, it was too strong." They came home with souvenirs and were thrilled about that too. Joe got a big conch shell and is quite proud of it. Hannah got a pretty thing for her hair and they brought Grace a shell jewelry box sort of thing and I got a sponge. A from-the-ocean-sponge. Pretty neat.
I just looked at the time and I'm going to be late if I don't start getting ready!

6 comments:

Julie said...

you never know if you will get a good one or not. Some turn out to be well behaved and easygoing and sweet. Others turn out to be maniacs and you just don't know. I know you can train them and turn them into good dogs but every once in a while there is one that is still wild

Just like kids!!


HAPPY EASTER!!!

crispy said...

He is risen indeed. =)

Ingle Nook said...

Both of the wild dogs...I picked out! Enough said! :)

But Cammie is really sweet and good! 3rd times a charm.

Happy Easter!

DebiH. said...

Julie's comment is so funny:)

Smith Schoolhouse said...

just watched Marley & Me and it will remind you of why you may or may not want a dog. it was so realistic of how you start out hating them and wondering what you were thinking but in the end they are a member of the family and they settle in and you love them.

Smith Schoolhouse said...

i love hannah's hair and dress. And the picture of Joe in the tree is art- blow it up and frame it!