Monday, April 27, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook


A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...April 27, 2009
Outside my window...we're back in sunny Florida! It's a bright, sunny afternoon.
I am thinking...how happy I am to be home, that I'd really like a nap but if I take a nap I won't have time to straighten my hair and we're going to Orlando tonight to see a high school friend of Ollie's and I'd like to look my best...(if I'd get off the computer I think I'd have time to do both but I haven't been on the computer in days and finding it hard to resist reading everybody's blogs and updating my own)
I am thankful...for another safe trip down I-75, for a great weekend with family, for getting to worship with most of my mom's side of the family yesterday as we celebrated a baptism
From the kitchen...??? thankfully we are going out to dinner tonight so I don't even have to think about it.
From the learning rooms...I could just copy what I said last week because aside from Hannah doing her test we got no school done last week. So, this will be the week to wrap up Africa and Night Creatures.
I am creating...not a whole lot!
I am wearing...some new jean shorts from Goodwill and a blue t-shirt
I am reading...My Enemy's Cradle by Sara Hunt--excellent book set in Holland and Germany during WW2. I found out I that Sara Hunt is also Sara Pennypacker who wrote the "Clementine" books for kids. My kids have absolutely loved listening to those. I took a break from health food books for the weekend and it has been nice to read a good story. During my drive I listened to "Daddy's Little Girl" by Mary Higgins Clark and the first third of "Emma's Secret" by Barbara Taylor Bradford. The kids are listening to "Holes" by Louis Sachar in preparation to see the play next week.
I am hoping...to get a nap :0)
I am hearing...Grace and Joe playing Littlest Pet Shop. No fights yet!
Around the house...unpacking and some basic cleaning need to be done, my sunflowers are growing tall--I can't wait until they bloom.
One of my favorite things...a visit to GA
I am going...out to dinner tonight! This is a very rare occurrence around here and I have to say that I'm excited, we are going to Citywalk in Orlando.
A few plans for the rest of the week...hunker down and unpack and get back into the swing of school after a few irregular weeks. We actually have two or three normal weeks ahead of us before our next fun interruption--a visit from the Smith's!
A picture thought...
The Hannahs testing last week. They were troopers and did a great job!
If you want to participate in the daybook, see Peggy here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This may be a little TMI but when I was reading this I was reading a bit too fast. I read ahead to what I am wearing but with the answer to what I am creating. I thought wow, Tiffany is really honest! :o)
Which park are you all going to tomorrow?

Sarah said...

Glad you made it home safely! Sounds like you have a fun night ahead of you. I LOVE Orlando, simply because if I was there, I'd be on VACATION!!!

Our weeks have just been crazy with our school schedule too. Every week I have good intentions...

Let us know how your night went! (And, of course, the all important question: Did you get your hair straightened?) :)

Smith Schoolhouse said...

can't wait to be your fun interruption!!!