A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...the eve of April 13, 2009
Outside my window...it's dark but there is a bit of a cool breeze blowing in. It's already pretty warm in FL so a cool breeze is much appreciated.
I am thinking...about the week ahead, my husband is a teacher and on Spring Break but our little homeschool isn't getting a spring break. So, we have to try to somehow at least loosely stick to our routine which will not be easy. I'm very easily distracted.
I am thankful for...a blessed day with friends and family, celebrating Easter. And for my new-to-me-hand-me-down-laptop that I should be getting this week!
From the kitchen...wow, hadn't thought about that yet this week. We still have enough leftovers to get us through tomorrow. Leftover homemade lasagna that Ollie's mom made that was amazingly good.
From the learning rooms...hoping to wrap up Africa in ECC with Hannah. Grace and Joe will be learning about owls for their unit on Night Creatures. Reading lessons, math, language arts, etc. The norm.
I am creating...absolutely nothing!
I am wearing...jeans and my children's ministry t-shirt--my Sunday morning uniform
I am reading...The Maker's Diet and a book about teaching reading using children's book. I have a new fiction book on my nightstand waiting for me. I can't remember the title though.
I am hoping...for healing.
I am hearing...the crickets outside.
Around the house...we did a quick pick up of the FL room tonight, I tried a new method--take everything that doesn't belong in the room and dump it all in the living room floor and have the kids take it where it goes from there. I got the room picked up to my satisfaction a lot faster. Now we can start school in a clean space tomorrow. Hubby is home this week and has a few projects he's taking on. Maybe I should let him teach school for a day.
One of my favorite things...ice cream in a mug with milk poured over it.
I am going...to Target to try to return the flip flops that we just bought earlier this week. All the stars on one side fell off tonight.
A few plans for the rest of the week...out to coffee with a new friend, swimming at one of the Disney hotels, rest, relax, read.
A picture thought I'm sharing...

5 comments:
love the pic. I was going to say something else but I forgot!
I love when you said that you are easily distracted. That made me smile.
I read "The Maker's Diet" a few years ago. Some interesting stuff in there. Some odd stuff too.
I love having my dh home, but it throws our whole schedule into a tizzy and I am a whole lot LESS productive!! So, I'm hopeful for YOU! :)
Great pic of your kiddos -
Have a great week and I'll look forward to seeing how you progress... :)
LOVE the island fashion!
Hi! I just read the nice introduction that Sarah (Coffee at the Cabin) gave you. I enjoyed your Daybook. :)
Post a Comment