Hannah was intent on doing something to someone for April Fool's so I decided to try to be a fun mom and help the kids pull off an April Fool's dinner. I am not usually a fun mom when it comes to stuff like this but I try every once in a while. Like once a year. We made "cupcakes" that were meatloaf and mashed potatoes and "Chicken Not Pie." The cupcakes were easy but the Chicken Not Pie took a little more time. I didn't take pictures but the girls and Joe shaped Starburst to look like peas, carrots, and corn. I made vanilla pudding and baked an empty pie crust and top. Then we mixed up the pudding and veggies, put it in the pie shell and added the top. We fooled Ollie for a few minutes and that was worth it. And, I learned that my kids can make meatloaf. Another bonus.
Your daughter's face in the first photo is priceless. That is hilarious! What a fun mom you are! Don't sell yourself short! Very cute ideas - I have to keep them in mind for next year. Thank goodness that it is a year away! Yeah!
In regards to my post, In Christ Alone is my favorite song too. I want it sung at my funeral. We heard it so many times this week, including Lenten service and Sunday morning, that I told my dh it might be a sign that my days are numbered. God is trying to teach him all the words so he can sing it by memory instead of trying to see it through all his tears... :)
7 comments:
Hannah's face is priceless in the meatloaf picture! My Hannah read your blog and said "mom, I can't believe you made us do school on a holiday!"
Too fun!
How fun!
I make the same face as Hannah when I touch raw meat.
very cute!!!!
Your daughter's face in the first photo is priceless. That is hilarious! What a fun mom you are! Don't sell yourself short! Very cute ideas - I have to keep them in mind for next year. Thank goodness that it is a year away! Yeah!
In regards to my post, In Christ Alone is my favorite song too. I want it sung at my funeral. We heard it so many times this week, including Lenten service and Sunday morning, that I told my dh it might be a sign that my days are numbered. God is trying to teach him all the words so he can sing it by memory instead of trying to see it through all his tears... :)
You are so homeschool cool!
Fun and funny!
Post a Comment