Well, I woke up this morning with a big ol' long list. I had lots of great plans and I would be using every minute of the day to get it all done. All went well until about 2 pm. While at the park Grace was running and she's not sure how this happened but she ended up with a very large (maybe an inch or a little less) piece of wood (the word splinter just does not do it justice) embedded in the middle of her nail bed on one of her fingers (how's this for a run on sentence?). She was amazingly calm, just sent a friend to the moms to get a band-aid. She had already pulled a large piece of the wood out and didn't know there was more under her nail. Once I saw it and said that we might need to go to the dr. then she got really freaked out. Still no hysterics but her face went pale and she needed to lie down. The moms who looked at it agreed that we needed to get it looked at. So, we headed for a friend's house whose hubby is the first stop for lots of us moms before the ER. He is a PA in the ER and is happy to give advice. He told us to go to the ER. So, I left the other two at her house and went to the ER. Three hours later we were on our way home. Grace was such a trooper. She had x-rays, soaked her finger, had a big shot to numb it, and then the dr. took about a third of her fingernail off and dug out the wood. It wasn't just one big splinter but lots of little pieces. Neither one of us passed out but both of us thought about it. So, needless to say none of my errands got done but that's okay. There's always tomorrow night or next week. I know this whole story is very poorly written but I'm multi-tasking by watching American Idol while I type this. Lovin' the laptop!
Since we're talking about AI...I really feel bad for poor Lil. She hasn't had positive feedback from the judges for well over a month. Every week they just tear her down. And Kris Allen--just the opposite. They absolutely love him and love everything he does. We completely missed AI last week so it's fun to just kick back and relax after a stressful afternoon and watch my favorite show. Hannah is making my heart sing because she is completely engrossed in a book and reading it at every commercial. She can't decide if she likes the story or not but it's very exciting and "weird" and definitely one she can't put down. It's called "Our Only May Amelia," and it's about a girl with about 6 brothers, a mean dad, a weird grandmother, one brother gets shanghaied, a pregnant mother. This one is a Newberry Honor book that I picked out for her. She has been reading a lot but mostly what I call "book candy." Book candy is books that are really fun to read but teach you nothing nor challenge you. More of a pop style book. I recently told Hannah that I'm glad she's reading but she also needs to read some "book vegetables" and some "book fruit." I love that she is getting a variety of books and finally learning to love reading.
Okay, this was all over the place, just like my brain tonight...hope you could keep up!
12 comments:
sorry about grace!!! that sounds awful!!!!! hope she heals well! and you get to relax!!!!
I just knew you would post how she did it!! Every time I talked to you I forgot to ask the HOW part.
What a trooper, you and Gracie.
Give her kisses from Grammy
Love, Mom
I want to see a pic!@
Poor Grace! I hope the doc found them all. Ann snagged a huge deck splinter in her foot once. X-rays didn't show anything and they just removed what they saw but the next day she said she could still feel something in there when she walked. My m-i-l told us "epson salts" (which the guy at the emergency room didn't and I'm clueless) so I set her up soaking. It was amazing to watch this HUGE remainder of the splinter creeping out of the hole in her foot...gross but fascinating.
Poor Grace...what a trooper! I'm glad everything is okay.
Glad all went well. Poor thing. I was cringing just reading about how they took it out.
Poor thing. Sorry about the finger drama. I bet that will hurt for a few days. Is it on her writing hand?
Tiffany,
I did not know Grace was hurt when you were leaving the park, or I would not have made such an effort to get your attention to say goodbye. I felt really bad when I found out. Hope she heals quickly.
I'm glad she's okay! (you too!) I did something similiar a few years back except it was a piece of metal and I had to get a tetanus shot! Definitely not one of my more fun evenings! Take care!
poor gracie! she is so tough though. I think I would have pitched a fit if I were her. That just sounds awful! how is she feeling now? is it sore? I hope she feels better soon!
About AI- got put in your predictions on my blog!
You get MOM OF THE YEAR for handling all that!!! ICK! Way to go Grace for being so brave. Glad all is well and it hasn't slowed her down!
Bless both your hearts! I'm glad all is well.
Cristy
Post a Comment