I went to the grocery store tonight to get groceries to get us through the week--storm or not. I have been really missing my smoothies and needed some bananas. Would you believe there wasn't a banana to be found? I guess bananas are hunker down hurricane food. Good thing I didn't need bread. There was not a loaf on the shelf! People get crazy when a storm is coming and the media just feeds the hype. I don't even think this storm is going to be hurricane strength. We'll see tomorrow night though. I hate when they come through at night. For one thing I love to watch the storm and you can't see much in the dark and for another thing, it's hard to sleep when you know there is a threat of tornadoes or a tree possibly falling on your house. I think we lost all our threatening trees four years ago so we won't be worrying about that but I've already mentioned in a previous post how I feel about tornadoes. We have a weather radio and will probably turn it on but you know that thing is going to be going off all night with every watch and warning. On a positive note, they've cancelled school for the next two days so Ollie gets two days off. Maybe he'll entertain the children while I get organized.
I should have some fun pictures to post. I haven't had any good ones since I finished posting my vacation pics.
I have to share a Grace funny--the other day Joe had just had a big screaming episode and we were all recovering. Grace came in my room and said, "I am going to go in my room and cry, I just feel like I need to cry." I asked her what was wrong (she was probably stressed out from the fit her brother just threw) and she said she didn't really know. She just felt like crying. Then she said in all seriousness, "maybe I just drank too much water today and need to get some water out of my body through my tears." That would be Grace--always looking for a logical answer.
8 comments:
I love that! Don't you feel like that some days?
That is very sweet and very smart. I know kids act different when they are out, but he seems SO sweet. Jane made sure to tell Greg all about how nice he was with Buster. She kept saying "he's a really nice boy." You really need a dog! he he
Hi Tiffany!
Look! I'm commenting...well, not really commenting but just seeing if I can get this to work!
Leslie
Grace says the cutest things!
Oh, Gracie-- how sweet of her... and how good that she knows how to emote!
I think my Grace would have said something like that. She is always trying to expain her actions.
Hey Leslie! You figured out how to comment--good job! I bet you could also figure out how to start a blog!
Leslie is a friend from college in New Mexico. We go way back!
OK the Gracism is too cute!
I also went tot the store and had a hard time finding stuff. Strange things though that I didn't know was hurricane food- there was NO ground beef to be found!
Post a Comment