
This is what Joe did this morning while I did school with the girls. He got out all his Star Wars guys and set them all up. He did school between Hannah and Grace and initially was a big grump, making me regret ever getting out of our routine this morning (turning on the tv). After we got going though he had fun and lasted his standard 30 minutes or so.

Only an ex-teacher/homeschool mom could get as excited as I am about this. I went to Office Depot yesterday and made my own plan book. I love keeping a plan book and just didn't have anything I liked this year so I had a brainstorm to make my own. On the right is the chart and plan for Exploring Countries and Cultures (which I love if you are only schooling one child) and on the left is my own little creation. I made a column for each child and put in all of their subjects for four days as well as left space for anything extra. I've got a space for read alouds and what the girls are reading independently. Now I only have to write in what lesson number or cross out if we didn't get to it. I LOVE IT! It only took maybe 30 minutes to make the copies and have it bound. Grace decorated the cover for me today.

At the end of homeschool skate yesterday, Steph came in with next month's issue of Lake Family Magazine. I love this magazine and so does Hannah. She usually reads the whole thing. I enjoyed an hour or so on the couch last night reading it cover to cover. Great issue, Steph!

For those of you who know Joe's choking story--this is the fruit that he choked on the pit of. This is a pluot and the first time we've had them in our house since he very nearly died from choking 5 years ago. I honestly almost freaked when I saw Ollie had bought them but that is totally irrational. Someday I'll have to blog the whole story, I figure most of my readers have heard it umpteen times so I hesitate to bore you with it. Someday, when I have nothing else to write about. Somebody might want to read it. It's more than a choking story, it's also a God story and I haven't shared enough of those.

Grace has been so eager to start her Home Ec for Homeschoolers--annoyingly eager to be honest. Anyway, here she is peeling her carrots--Lesson 2. We had cooked carrots for dinner and carrot sticks with lunch yesterday. I wasn't brave enough to let her chop carrots. They were all really fat and hard to cut. She was a good little peeler though.

A picture of Bray, in case I haven't mentioned my sweet nephew lately. :0)
9 comments:
Love all the pics.
I love all the pictures too!!
Love mom
I am thrilled that Grace is doing the Home Ec thing....SO great!
Glad they liked the issue...figured they'd skip over the school board piece but I had to do it! ;)
Arg...I fogot what I was going to say. Does that happen to anyone else? I haven't seen the new magazine, but the blurry pic looks kind of like one of F's boys.
What else was I going to say? Oh, that't the biggest pluot I've ever seen...or you have small hands.
ANd, you left out some steps in Revelation. God gave it to Jesus, who gave it to an angel, who gave it to John, who was to give it to all the bond-servants. See, I learned something too :-). And all that from 3 verses.
Yes! That is one of F's boys. I picked that picture and did not even know it was her son! Ha!
loved the pictures and stories! And I haven't heard what happened to Joe...
Your plan book looks great. I always make my own, but it is in a three ring binder. I think I would like it better it was spiral bound like yours. My only problem is that I'm likely to change my format several times during the year. I can't commit.
I guess you'll have to share your choking story now. I've never heard it. I like God stories, too. I need more of them.
I'm trying to get your planner picture to blow up bigger. It won't for me, and I want to see it up close. Good job getting so organized. I struggle with that.
I want to make my own planner, too. I just can't figure out what I want it it.
Post a Comment