Saturday, August 16, 2008

Random Thoughts

We just got home from a picnic and bike ride.  It was great.  We used to do this sort of thing all the time but haven't as much the past couple of years.  Ollie has been setting up every other Saturday for our church and often something else would be going on on the Saturday he had off.  BUT-no more set up!  We have our first Sunday in the new building tomorrow.  It's nothing less than thrilling!  Anyway, our time in the fresh air felt great.  It's overcast today so not too hot but still really humid.  The last time we went Joe had a total meltdown about crossing a bridge--today, no problem.  Not a whimper out of him.  He had already had a meltdown at home so maybe he was too worn out or maybe, just maybe he's maturing.  
He said something really funny last night.  He and Ollie were watching a guy on YouTube in an eating contest.  It's some famous guy and I can't remember his name but he was in an eating match with a bear. Joe says, "I could eat that much if I didn't have to use manners."
I saw a car in a parking lot yesterday with a bumper sticker that said, "Ride Naked, it will add color to your cheeks."  Of course, I found it to be pretty comical--that third grade potty humor--and it reminded me of something my friend and I did back in high school or maybe it was middle school.  It was sometime in the 80s when the slogan "___  Naked" was really big.  You can fill in the blank with just about anything.  So, we were sweet church girls in handbell choir and we went to the button stall at the mall and had them make us buttons (pins) that said, "Play Bells Naked," and then we wore them to bell choir practice.  Oh weren't we funny???  Susan, are you reading this?  If so, do you remember?  How could you forget?  My high school best friend, Susan, reads this blog sometimes or maybe all the time I'm not sure because she has NEVER commented.  :0)  She does have three kids and I'm sure she's very busy and just can't find the time to take 5 minutes and start a google account and then use it to comment but that's okay.   No big deal.  Really.  

5 comments:

ann marie said...

Oh, my mind went to the filthiest and easiest place possible with that sticker. This was the first time I've seen it. I am pathetic! I like that button story though.

ann marie said...

Oh, also, your son really is very very and it's a good that you write down all the funny things he says. It is good to have a record because no matter how many times my kids say something funny, unless I write it down I never remember what exactly it was. He sounds very smart.

ann marie said...

I did not mean to say your son is very very...did you know that? I meant to say very, very funny.

Cheryl said...

lol... but I agree... write them down!

Randi Sue said...

I can see you guys thinking you were so funny.

And Joe has his own funny way af saying things. I love hearing what he says.