We got home late last night--about midnight--after a very long day of travel. We left our hotel at 9 am! All went well though, we had two long layovers but the kids did great. The girls and I played a whole game of Phase 10 which took care of an hour and a half, we ate, Joe worked through a Highlights Hidden Pictures book, and we had frappucinos from Starbucks. The flights were long too but thankfully the kids are great travelers. We only had one stressful episode. Grace all of a sudden had to potty REALLY BAD--unfortunately, she realized it while we were taxiing to takeoff. It was a suspense filled 20 minutes or so waiting for the all clear from the pilot to get up. My emergency plan was to just give her my sweatshirt to pee on, it was absorbent. Thankfully, it didn't come to that. That would have been really gross, carrying a urine soaked sweatshirt the rest of the day.
We had a great week, I am usually ready to come home after a week of vacation but not this year. I could have easily stayed another week or month... At least until the cold weather sets in. Then I'd be hightailing it out of there. It was pretty chilly the day we left, I think the high was 68 degrees and that was in the sun. So, this begins the week of a million pictures. Enjoy!
1 comment:
Yeah! Can't wait to hear all about yoru trip and see all the pictures!
Post a Comment