Sunday, August 17, 2008
Tie Dye
Joe got a tie dye kit for Hannah's birthday from Aunt Lisa and he could not wait to do it. Actually all three kids had something specific they really wanted to do and they were all things that required assistance as well as a chunk of my time. So, Tuesday was our "meet the children's needs" afternoon. Joe and I tie-dyed. Grace and I did some beading, we made earrings. And I straightened Hannah's hair with her new flat iron. I don't have pictures of Hannah and Grace's activity but since I had never tie-dyed I took some pictures. We did 5 t-shirts and all but one turned out really good. That is amazing because we were doing speed dyeing. I tied them all up willy nilly and Joe squirted dye all over them. Our two favorites are the ones I have pictures of him wearing--the ones where we stuck to one color. The others turned out good too but I like these two the best. I'd love to do this again sometime now that I see how easy it really is. I love tie dye clothes so I may have to make myself something one of these days!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
These look great. I'll be honest. I'm afraid of what your wardrobe will look like now that you have mastered this skill. Remember too much of anything isn't good! haha.
Hey sis--your comment made me laugh because I thought of you when I typed out that I wanted to make a shirt for myself. I knew that was very unfashionable of me. You know if I do make myself a shirt I might just make socks to match and wear them both with a skirt and tennis shoes.
You are guys are funny. You can tell you are sister's.
I love that orange one. It looks like a creamsicle. I always have food on my mind.
What I meant was ...it makes me think of a creamsicle, not looks like one. Had to clarify.
Boy it was good to see you again today. I almost jumped up and down!
Very cute! I like the one color effect.
Wouldn't you love to have matching t shirts for your whole family? I would.
good idea about everyone with the same! I especially like that orange one...
Post a Comment