Monday, August 11, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook




A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...August 11, 2008


Outside my window...the backyard, it's a mess but it's home and it's good to see it again after a week away.


I am thinking...about our vacation. We had such a good time and I feel so refreshed and ready to jump back into the real world (I think...).


I am thankful for...a wonderful week with the family and for the relationships my kids are building with their cousins. Also, that my feet are doing pretty good. I am taking the anti-inflammatories again so that helps but I was able to rest them a lot on vacation.


From the kitchen...who knows! We have very little to eat but I have a grocery list that I made on the plane. We do have milk and eggs thanks to Aunt Harriet so breakfast is covered.


I am wearing...pjs, no energy or desire to get dressed yet.


I am reading...finishing up Storm Surge, a book I started before vacation. Looking forward to reading The Red Leather Diary. I read 3 books on vacation: Joy in the Morning by Betty Smith (the author of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn) it was a wonderful story about a young couple just starting out. It was definitely a feel good book--no major drama or trauma, just a good story. I also read Touched by Carolyn Haines--a very weird story and I don't know if I'd recommend it or not. And Lunch Money by Andrew Clements--this was actually Hannah's book but I love Andrew Clements' stories and I read it on the plane yesterday. I needed a mindless, simple read to get me home.


I am hoping...that my kids will sleep late so I can have a long time on the computer catching up without being interrupted.


I am hearing...a cat fight outside.


Around the house...lots of unpacking to do. We packed really lightly so it shouldn't take long. The house also needs a good cleaning, it always does after vacation.


One of my favorite things...meeting someone new. Wait 'til you hear about the teepee lady.


A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...a FEW plans--how about a jam packed week? Celebrating Hannah's birthday, working and watching the end of summer camp theatre shows every night, watching Olympics every chance I get, cleaning the house, getting into the swing of things.


Here is a picture thought I'm sharing with you...




It was hard to choose a picture for today, I have about 100 I'd like to share. But for this post--here's my crazy Romanian brother-in-law at the raspberry farm where we picked a ton of berries before heading over to the island.

If you want to participate in the daybook, see Peggy here.

No comments: