Last night was another rather disappointing Idol. I'm so ready to be done with these preliminary rounds and get into the good stuff. I only have one prediction tonight and that is Lil Rounds. I really have no idea who the other two will be. We'll find out soon though. Alex's dancing was quite comical. Poor guy, trying to be somebody he's not. He kind of made a fool of himself but the judges weren't as ugly as I thought they'd be.
Hannah is back to her normal self and so far no one else is showing any symptoms. So, maybe it will start and stop with her. I am hearing of so many families all getting sick. The creeping crud is rampant in these parts right now. Shelly's son, Micah, was in the hospital the last two days because he was looking septic and was just plain sick and they gave him IV antibioitics. To go visit him I was required to wear a mask, gown, and gloves to protect myself from the flu. They are really trying to stop the spread because they are seeing so many people in the hospital with complications of the flu. I hung out for a few hours and wore my mask and smelled my own stinky breath all evening while watching American Idol. It was fun. Well, not smelling my own stinky breath.
We went to the pet store today and purchased a few things for the bunnies. One of those things was a leash. So, the bunnies have been outside today on the leash. Of course this has just added to the fun of having bunnies. I wonder when and if these kids will tire of these girls. I doubt that Grace will. Animals are definitely her thing. The kids went to a "Creepy Crawly" presentation at the library today and apparently the speaker asked Grace if she was on Animal Planet after she answered a whole bunch of really hard questions correctly. She may not be so great at reading but she does have quite the mind for all things animal related, and science in general. I love that with homeschooling she doesn't have to be ashamed about what she can't do and is allowed to work at her own pace. At the rate she's going I imagine a year from now she will be caught up with her peers. So far I don't think she even knows she's behind. And, we can spend extra time on the subject she loves--science! Don't quote me on this but I don't think the public schools in our area are able to spend as much time on science because so much of the school year is spent preparing for the standardized test that they take in early March.
That's all from my frazzled brain for now...
6 comments:
I agree with you about Idol-I can't wait for them to just get on with it already! I also agree about Lil Rounds, no one else really stood out (in a good way, anyway!!)
Glad Hannah is feeling better. Tucker and I have been fighting something all week and have good days and bad days, seems to be going around. It's so cold here in CT, though, that you would think it would kill all the germs!
tristan has a leash and harness for his rabbit! its a hit for them both!!) as a witness...yes, yes, yes..all they do in school right now is FCAT!!! stinks!
Grace and Mad were pretending to be bunnies yesterday afternoon. It was TOO CUTE!
I totally agree with you about the homeschooling. I love that you don't have to be a square peg that doesn't even begin to fit in the round hole. We love the "rabbit trails" that our schooling takes us on - yours can be literal! :)
Kate loves science too. As a matter of fact she does that more than anything.
I just love the description of your bad breath. You are too funny!
I heard at our hospital that those who had the flu shot early (like Sept) needs a booster because they're expecting this flu to run until April... yuck.
homeschool agreement here!
Post a Comment