Monday, March 23, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...March 23, 2009

Outside my window...it's raining! I haven't woken up to the sound of rain in ages. I LOVE it! I always love rain but we have been in drought conditions so the rain is a special blessing. Unfortunately, I have a picnic planned for today...

I am thinking...about our multi-cultural weekend. We ate breakfast Saturday morning at a German bakery, yesterday we went to an all black Missionary Baptist Church, and then went to an Indian restaurant for lunch. The church was my husband's teaching assistant's church. Even though the service lasted for over two hours we all sat mesmerized. It was not boring! The kids had lots of questions and comments when we got in the car. Overall it was a great learning experience for all of us.

I am thankful for...rain! And that Bella is leaving the hospital today! One step closer to coming home to Florida. God has brought her through some tough times but she is on her way to healing.

From the learning rooms...Hannah will be finishing up her International Day project. She is about 2/3 of the way done. Grace and Joe will be starting their unit on Night Creatures. We head into Africa with Exploring Countries and Cultures. Lots of math, reading, and language arts too of course.

From the kitchen...I cooked a lot last night so I don't have to do a thing today. Pumpkin chocolate-chip bread for breakfast (made a double batch so we'll be eating it for days!), Ritzy chicken and carrots for dinner. I have a recipe I'm excited to try this week. It's from Emeril Lagasse, it's basically a cuban lasagna. You layer black beans and rice, plantains, and pork. Not sure what else is in it but it sounded good to me!

I am wearing...pjs.

I am creating...something special for someone, can't say what or who.

I am going...to a play today, "The Hundred Dresses," running some errands--gotta find a stamp for International Day that represents Norway! Cris--I wish you were here with your carving kit! I have a fab idea but not sure if I can pull it off with just an exacto knife.

I am reading...Twilight, the book everyone has been talking about for months. I always want to read anything that everybody is talking about. I have to say I am enjoying it, vampires and all.

I am hoping...for a pleasant week with my kids, that I can be joyful and not just a taskmaster.

I am hearing...rain, rain, rain. I love it!

Around the house...can't wait for Home Ec day tomorrow! Lots to do, lots to do!

One of my favorite things...a cleared off, ready to eat off of, clean kitchen table!!!

A few plans for the rest of the week...school, tutoring, birthday parties, International Day, theatre

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing...

Joe's new haircut!


If you want to participate in the daybook, see Peggy here.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

me too! (love rain)

Joe's new haircut goes with his shirt ;)

Can you post pictures of what you're working on later?

Cheryl said...

oh! and SO glad to hear the news about Bella...

Emily said...

Love the new haircut, Joe! I wish I could go see the Hundred Dresses with you. I love that book!

ann marie said...

I love the sound of rain. More so here than in NY where we got much more rain. I just hope it stops so I can walk around town with my company.
I really want to hear how the cuban lasagna turns out. It sounds good.
I saw that haircut in person and it makes him look like a little man - very handsome.
Excellent about Bella.

crispy said...

Sorry I am not there to help you carve. =( Sure am missing you guys.

Sarah said...

We've got rain here too! Unfortunately, it is coming with about 35-40 mph winds, so it is like a sideways rain! :) Sounds like you have a busy day and week ahead of you - as usual, huh?

Love the cutie pie haircut. Such a big boy!

Ray said...

I read twilight! It is such a good book! I am on the third one!