It's late and I should go to bed but I thought I'd empty my brain onto my blog first. Don't you guys love when I do that?
- I really enjoyed American Idol tonight. Everyone's performances were good. Who will be going home? I really can't say, I liked everybody. Even Adam's very weird version of "Ring of Fire."
- Yesterday at Publix my cashier was a teen boy, he was probably in high school but might have been a little older. I was buying beer for Ollie and the boy asked me about it. I said I had no clue about it because I didn't like beer. He told me I should start drinking beer and my nights would be better. I think my nights are just fine and didn't appreciate that sort of nonsense advice from some kid. I'm sure he was trying to be cool. Didn't work for him.
- Home Economics Tuesday is working wonderfully. My kids are learning to clean, not in the most organized fashion--I just dole out jobs and teach as necessary--but they are learning. Today Hannah was miffed that she had to do the disgusting job of sweeping. Since she had such an attitude she will definitely be sweeping from now on until she can do it joyfully. She also got the vacuuming job and said that that was her least favorite job. Her words, "I want to do something with soap!" We are not getting anywhere close to really cleaning the whole house on Tuesday mornings but we are making a big dent in the work and at least decluttering. Someday I will have real, consistent, specific chores. Someday...
- The bunnies are doing great. They are getting tamer and tamer. Joe had Chloe "singing" "Holy, Holy, Holy," yesterday. It was pretty funny. They love their outdoor hutch. We are still bringing them in at night but I think they would probably rather stay out there.
Well, that's all I can think of to say. I thought I had more but I can't remember...
10 comments:
Tuesday Chore idea-Sometimes if we have alot of chores to doat once, I will write each job on an index card and put them out on the table . Even specific things like putting al the shoes in thehouse away or gathering all of the trash from each room. Not just general stuff. Sometimes I put them face up and let them negotiate who does what and sometimes I put them face down and they just have to do what they pick. Sometimes they will divide and take the cards, sometimes they just go through them one by one. This works very well when we have skipped some daily stuff and there are a lot of things to be done in a short amount of time. Also, if you want to train them to do zone cleaning, I HIGHLY recommend the flip charts that Amy reviewed a while ago. They are simple and very effective. I do not clean my kitchen anymore, unless I just want to :)
We started a chore chart this week and it's been great that I don't have to keep reminding the kids what to do (or remembering to tell them what to do). So far they're very excited about the whole thing, but I expect that to wear off soon.
it's funny how chores change... but I did the same thing, if someone threw attitude that just meant they needed an attitude adjustment about it!
oh... some of the stories the boys have brought home from working at Publix over 2 years now!
I love Adam and I think he will make it to the top 3 and possibly win. His voice is amazing and as "wild" as he is, don't you notice his humble attitude? I thought Simon was way off.
Good for you with the chores! Keep it up! "I want to do something with soap." Hilarious!
The Beer thing: ohhhh, perfect opportunity to display witty sarcasm. "Oh really? Do you know that the bible says Don't get drunk on wine but instead be filled with the Holy Spirit? I live for moments like those which is why God never gives them to me.
I don't think He cares much for my sarcastic use of His Word. But really, how sad that he said that.
You should have said "I'm sure your mama would be so proud to hear that." Of course he probably would have said something obnoxious back. Teens scare me! We haven't gotten into AI this year. I get exhausted by it...no attention span, but I know we'll be watching the last few weeks.
I agree with Ann Marie-that seems to be my thought lately when someone's being obnoxious! I'm also not really into AI this time, I just can't beyond Paul, last week she looked drunk and was slurring, this week she didn't seem drunk but just babbled on and on..
Adam's performance was my favorite...
Maybe I'll find something for Hannah to do with soap when she's here tomorrow.
I like the Tuesday morning "domestic engineering" course. I think I may need to adopt it. I am really, really good about starting things though, and then struggle with continually carrying them out. Seems like once a wrench is thrown into the plan, all goes to pot.
I like your approach to the sweeping issue! :)
i like your random thoughts.
Post a Comment