So, does anything seem different? Can you tell? Can you tell? Can you tell?
I'm typing this from my new-to-me-hand-me-down-laptop! I just set up my e-mail all by myself. Yes, I did. My goal with this new computer is to really make it mine and learn how to do things that I've always relied on my computer savvy hubby to do. Setting up my own e-mail was step one. I have never had my very own computer. We've had two computers for a while but I share with the kids. I'm excited to have something all my own. Once you get married and become a wife and then a mom you don't get too many things that are all your own. My panties are all my own and that's about it. Well, I guess my toothbrush is all my own. My girls have already discovered that it's fun to wear mom's clothes and I can never find a hairbrush. I just bought two new ones and have threatened my children with their life to take them. I may be able to hold on to them for a week or two, maybe even a whole month. I could buy stock in Goody. Anyway...
I've been reading a book called "The Maker's Diet." It's really given me a lot to think about. He has a whole chapter on all the things that we do that make us sick. One of them is staying too clean. I think I have finally discovered why my kids have such strong immune systems. Because they are so dirty!!! I have never been good at reminding them to wash their hands and we (by we I mean they) have never bathed every day. I shoot for a bath twice a week--sometime around Wed. and again on Saturday. Apparently all that dirt is good for them. Only two of them have been on antibiotics ever. I can't remember which two. How bad is that? Hannah has been once for sure and then it's a toss up between Grace and Joe, I really don't know. I had three kids in three and a half years and then that third one was a doozy. It took me years to recover and anything that happened during those years is just a blur. The moral of this is keep your kids dirty and that will keep them healthy! :0)
We managed to get in a solid day of school today even with Ollie home. He has been very busy with all sorts of projects so it wasn't too hard. Tomorrow is a new day though, can we keep it up? I think so. I'm pretty motivated and when I'm motivated everybody better watch out. We will get it done come h#$% or high water.
Well, I have a headache so I think it's off to bed for me.
11 comments:
Oh, good for you for getting stuff done! And, I'm so glad you like your new computer and it's all yours! YEAH!!!! Mine will be that way for a couple of weeks, then I suppose I'll lapse and let the kids put some dumb game on it. :)
Seriously, you are on to something with the cleanliness thing - we don't use antibacterial soap or things like that, because they take away good bacteria along with the bad. My house is not spic and and span, and my kids are healthy has horses. (Is that the right saying??) Granted, I often use it as an excuse to not have my house clean (:)) but it is true. Works well for us at least.
Hope your headache goes away. Glad your day went well and have fun with your new laptop!!!!
I'm envious of the new computer that's all your own! I can relate to the hairbrush thing too and I only have one daughter!!
I have to say I really like having my own laptop. I love when you talk about books you've been reading, it gets me curious to read them! My kids have been pretty healthy too... even Sam, when they returned from Ghana, was the only one to not be sick... hummm...
I'll go in with you to buy stock in Goody. For me, it is missing combs. Every time I buy a new pack of combs, I am down to one within a week or so. No one knows where they are.
I think you are right about the cleanliness thing too. They say that being too clean is the reason for so many allergies today. It doesn't explain how Spike ended up with so many allergies though. Based on that theory, looking at my house, he should have none.
Hey lady, I have a little award over at my site for you...
David regularly gets things in his medical stuff about the dangers of antibacterial stuff. Regular soap and water and good ole' fashion scrubbing is what is necessary!
My kids take baths every night, but only because I can't stand the sweaty boy smell! But they don't always use soap--sometimes they just rinse off.
Congrats on a good day of school!
glad to hear you don't share you underwear w/ Ollie :>)
My kids do not get baths every day, unless they smell or look dirty.
the maker's diet sounds good to me- a fellow non-child-bathing mom. Actually now that they are older and stinkier I aim for Monday, Wednesday & Friday or Saturday.
Hannah & I were just fussing about the hairbrush thing yesterday! I don't know what it is with girls and their hairbrushes & earrings!
Do you only take a shower twice a week?????????????? Grossssssss!
No, seriously I love summer, I consider the pool equivalent to a bath. Probably even better with the chlorine ;)
But I MUST shower daily, it looks like an oilslick happened on my head if I don't. And you cant brush curly hair into submission...
It was fun to come back and read all of these bath comments. I definitely agree that a pool (or hot tub) and/ or sitting in the tub without actual soap (or a hairwash) count--for Jake anyway. The big kids are on their own in that department!
cdgantz, speaking of sweaty boy smell, when I picked up my three and your two yesterday my whole car smelled like wet dog, I don't think it was anyone in particular just the combination of all of them!!
Post a Comment