Sunday, June 7, 2009

Homeschool Exhibition

Not only did we attend four performances of High School Musical 2 this weekend, we also had our annual Homeschool Exhibition. The families who participate do displays and presentations based on something they learned during the school year. There is always such a variety and it's neat to see what each family does. This year we were treated to music played by a string quartet, a brain-eye demo, dance (ballet and jazz), a science experiment, and lots more. We did a variety of things. Hannah and Joe and some other homeschoolers from the HSM2 cast did one of the songs from their show. Hannah did a presentation on "Wedding Dresses from Around the World." Grace and Joe talked about "Life in a Tidepool." They all three did a great job and I was very proud of them.
Here's Joe doing his part of the presentation. He told about some of the different invertebrates that live in a tidepool. He really got into it and I actually had to cut him off because he was talking for so long. This from my introverted, shy child. I was proud of him for being stepping out of his comfort zone and being so confident.


Here is Hannah's display. She included dresses from around the world, some pictures from weddings in the US, and some of her own designs.
This is our family's display. As I gathered up the things I wanted to display I realized that just about everything we had was a lapbook so I had my sister make us a sign and "Learning with Lapbooks" became our theme. There were some great displays this year. It was fun to be a part of it.

4 comments:

Julie said...

They did great! How did you squiggle out your last name on your diplay poster? I wanted to post the picture of our display but didn't because you can see our last name.

Jayce said...

Cute! I wish I would've made it onto Hannah's poster. ;)

Tiffany said...

Hey Jayce! She wishes you would have too but we were working at the last minute (of course) and didn't have any pics from your wedding printed.
How's married life???

Randi Sue said...

It was fun.