Thursday, June 18, 2009
What If...
What if I spent two hours a day (while my kids are at VBS) cleaning my house? I bet within a week or less it would be pretty clean and I would feel a lot less stress about it and could relax and enjoy the rest of the summer. Maintaining takes a lot less time and is much less intimidating. After a very busy month finishing up school and having company I am feeling pretty disgusted and overwhelmed with my house. It feels like there is soooo much to do that I couldn't possibly ever get it done. I just had the thought though that if instead of looking at the whole I just took it on 2 hours at a time. Next week my kids will be at VBS for 5 hours Monday thru Thursday. If I used two of those hours every day to work I could still have almost 3 hours of R and R. So, that's my plan, starting tonight. I had a late nap and a little caffeine so I'm getting a head start tonight working on getting the living room decluttered and cleaned. I just cleaned the dust off the books on one of my shelves and rediscovered some great books that I need to read and reread. I have 4 by Edith Schaeffer that I just love. She is the wife of Francis Schaeffer and together they ran L'Abri. She is a very wise woman and writes about homemaking. I also found the journals that I used to write in during my kids' baby years. I think I'll add an entry to each of them this summer. Well, I need to get back to cleaning. Maybe in a week I will be sitting in a clean, halfway organized (who am I kidding?) house. Think I can do it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Go girl go!
I know you can = go for it and good luck. I'll be anxious for an update of positive proportions.
My new thing is we work as a family about 15 each evening to tidy up. It seems to make a big difference for me around here.
I am sure a lot of your house problem is the space. You have a small space and it all requires to never let up and let things go.
I should take pictures of my piles that I have going on in the kitchen. You know...just to keep it real.
All that to say, GO FOR IT. 2 hours is doable.
That's a great idea. I don't know if I could clean for a full two hours though. I would be too tempted to give up.
You're seriously making me regret my decision to be a VBS volunteer:) I hope you have a very productive week!
There you go again: making way too much sense for me. I'll clean, I'll clean!
Post a Comment