Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday, Monday...

  • I bought the best "ice cream" at the store today.  I can't remember what it's called but it is made with organic coconut milk, agave nectar, cocoa, carob, and maybe two more ingredients that I don't remember.  Let me say that it is TO DIE FOR YUM!  I had a couple of bites of it earlier.  I will definitely be rationing it.  I need to have practically no sugar so I definitely won't be serving myself a big dish of it.  And--it's a little pricey as well but a great alternative for when the rest of the family is eating ice cream (my absolute favorite thing just ahead of french fries--which I also am not supposed to have anymore).  
  • So, as of Friday I was looking at a whole weekend free from plans and I had made a big long list that included cleaning my whole house pretty thoroughly.  I spent 4 hours in the kitchen on Saturday cleaning and chopping 4 bunches of kale for kale chips (note to self--4 bunches is excessive), making a half gallon of carrot-apple juice (took an hour!), cleaning, and cooking dinner.  After that I wasn't up for any other cleaning.  We ended up getting invited to a BBQ on Sunday so I reduced my list to just the bathrooms and Hannah's room which will be serving as a guest room for the next two weeks.  We ended up being gone from about 9 am until almost 6 and you guessed it--NOTHING got done at all.  We spent today setting up for theatre and grocery shopping and laundry--not a dent in my modified list.  Depending on how tonight and tomorrow morning go my list may become--pour some bleach in the toilet and spray febreeze on the sheets.  :0)  Hey, there's my next "Works for me Wednesday!"
  • So, a few words about our guest who is coming tomorrow.  Her name is Kayla and she is 16 and she is visiting from Albuquerque.  I first met Kayla when she was about 3 days old.  I babysat for her family in NM for a year or two before she was born and for 3 years after she was born.  Not just occasional babysitting but like 30 hour a week babysitting.  Kayla has a twin brother named Gray and I spent many an hour holding the two of them.  I never got the hang of getting them both to sleep and laying them both down so I spent many an afternoon watching PBS kids with their two siblings while they took their nap on my lap.  We moved when she was three but have always kept in contact with the family.  I've seen them 3 times since we've moved and the last time was 5 years ago.  I absolutely can't wait to get to know her again as a young lady.  She will be spending two weeks with us and we plan to show her a good time and keep her crazy busy!  She gets to start her visit with a whole lotta family time.  My great aunt also arrives tomorrow from LA (lower Alabama) and my sister, nephew, and mom get here on Thursday.  We will be going to the beach, the theatre (for four shows!), out for seafood, homeschool exhibition and then everybody but Kayla goes home on Sunday.  Next week we will go to Disney and the beach and whatever else strikes our fancy.  I have a few fun ideas.
  • I watched "The Red Dragon" last night--a Hannibal Lecter movie.  It ended at 11:45 or so and I was up until almost 1 because I was so keyed up.  It was pretty freaky.  I did get a nap this afternoon thank goodness!
  • That's all for now, I have to go take in the laundry off the line, put it away and go assess the mess in Hannah's room.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I've found that when time runs out and I don't get done everything I want to get done to pretty things up for someone's visit... it's not even noticed once they arrive!

Enjoy all your company!

Ingle Nook said...

Love the Works for me Wednesday's...when my house was on the market I would spray Pledge in the air so things smelled like they had been dusted! Crazy! Looking forward to being there this weekend!