Thursday, June 4, 2009

Just Checking In

I don't have anything wonderful to say but that has never stopped me before...

Kayla arrived Tuesday afternoon and we've been quite busy since then.  That is the story of my week.  Yesterday I baked for theatre and we went swimming and visited with Aunt Clara at Aunt Harriet's and then home for some quiet time before dinner.  After dinner we played games--we introduced Kayla to Phase 10.  She's a fan.  How can you not be?  We had to stop our game early so that we could go to Sonic for free root beer floats.  I can't turn down anything that is for free.  So, I took the kids but didn't get one myself.  :0(  Such is life.  I came home and ate too much of my coconut milk ice cream to make up for it.  As we speak my mom, sister, and nephew are heading down 1-75.  I'm going to call them in just a little bit but my prediction is that they are in Tifton right about now.  Probably swinging into the Starbucks.  I am planning a big Indian dinner and Frito Pie for dinner.  I need to get started so that my afternoon isn't completely spent in the kitchen.  Tonight is opening night for High School Musical 2.  It's not Hannah's special part night though so I'm not too nervous for her.  :0) I'm excited to see the whole show come together.  Tomorrow morning we hit the beach bright and early.  I can't believe I am saying this but I'm starting to like the beach.  I don't do much but sit there and read a book while the kids play.  I think that's why I like it now.  The kids are pretty self sufficient and have learned not to touch me with their sandy selves.  

Update...Cheryl just called and they are not in Tifton yet.  But will be soon.

I don't know how much I will get to update this weekend so things may be quiet around Hillside Hollow...I'll catch up next week though.

5 comments:

Cristy said...

Frito Pie is the best. Enjoy your company.

Cristy

Randi Sue said...

Have fun!

Smith Schoolhouse said...

can't wait to catch up with you when things settle down. enjoy your crazy weekend and remember that life isn't always as crazy as it will be for the next few days- take a deep breath and enjoy it.

Sarah said...

Just got caught up with your last few posts and sounds like you will be busy the next few days. Hope you enjoy all your time with friends and family - I'm too much of an introvert. I'd go crazy with people around that much - HA.

Talk to you soon -

Cheryl said...

enjoy your company!