I have been in a big ol' funk for the past 5 days but finally feel like I'm coming out of it today. Praise God! I don't get into funks very often but when I do, it ain't fun.
- I am going to the library today for "Lunch with an Artist." Basically it's a video from the Biography channel of a famous artist. I'm just going so that I can get an extra entry in the box for the Ipod Nano. Of course, I don't mind sitting in the a/c and watching a movie alone (well, with strangers) either.
- Joe has decided that he loves polo style shirts. He looks so handsome! Too bad we only have three. I think he'd wear them every day if he could. He's such an opinionated little guy.
- Reading Bingo is going really well, Joe has almost completed his whole card and the girls are steadily marking off squares. I got way behind on the rewards while we had company so I'm working on those this week. Yesterday, Hannah and Joe got a $1 and a trip to the convenience store for candy. Grace got a pedicure. Hannah got to spend an hour at a local cafe with me, we played Phase 10 and I whipped her butt. She seldom loses because she is really good at games so it felt really good to beat her! She also has "bake cookies" so we got a cookie cookbook at the library. She has to decide what to make. I still need to do an activity with Joe, a science experiment with Joe, get him a pack of gum, and let him choose dinner. Then we will be all caught up! Until someone else gets bingo...
- Sad to hear about Jon and Kate. I wish they could make it work, I hurt for those kids.
- I'm finally ready to jump into sprouting and getting back into healthy eating. I kind of fell off the wagon with so much going on. I am excited about some new things to try and getting into a healthier eating lifestyle.
- On that note, for breakfast this morning I had a slice of toast (made from Ezekiel--sprouted grain- bread and a spread of Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter. The peanut butter has no high fructose corn syrup, no trans fat, and very little sugar (and that is in the form of evaporated cane juice). So, sorta healthy and wonderfully satisfying! Believe me, there are a lot worse things that I could eat.
Well, I better wrap this up and go do something important.
2 comments:
Glad to hear you are making your way out of your funk! I hate those and they are hard to shake. You are making good strides in getting the Bingo prizes done. Congrats!
Enjoyed your post - it's so hard to stay disciplined with food when there are so many good things around that are yummy! (Even if they are bad for you!) We get together with my family at the lake and take turns making meals - so, not everyone cooks the way I do, but we'll make do. Take care of yourself!
Post a Comment