Monday, June 8, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook



A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...June 8, 2009
Outside my window...it's a sunshiny day. I imagine the clouds will roll in later for our daily thunderstorm.
I am thinking...about what a great teen Kayla is. I've really enjoyed having her around. My girls are already asking her to come back next summer.
I am thankful...for a great show weekend! It was crazy busy but went very smoothly and I didn't get all stressed out--amazing!
From the kitchen...I know I have lots of food in the house but I need to come up with a plan. I think we may try a black bean and orange chicken salad tonight. The only thing is that I would have to go to the store. Not sure I feel like going out today at all. I'm making some banana bread this morning. Maybe we can eat that for dinner? Oh, I almost forgot...I'm making a huge amount of fluffernutters (pb and fluff) for our day at Disney tomorrow. So, I guess I have to go to the store. So much for staying in my pjs all day.
From the learning rooms...nothing formal but we all know that just living life is a "learning room" in and of itself.
I am creating...kids who love to read? I hope!
I am wearing...pjs and considering not getting dressed at all today. This is the first day in months that I have nothing that I HAVE to do. We are officially on summer vacation!
I am reading..."Stop Dressing Your Six-Year Old Like a Skank" by Celia Rivenbark. I've read it before but it's worth a reread. That woman is HILARIOUS!!! I have a whole stack of books on my bedside table that I can't wait to get to. Kayla brought a book I'm interested in reading too, "Three Cups of Tea." I might try to read it while she is here.
I am hoping...to get back on track with my diet. I cheated A LOT this weekend. It's hard to eat so strictly when you have a house full of people and are continually on the run.
I am hearing...Bibleman on the tv. This is a great show! Tons of scripture applied to life.
Around the house...it looks like there's been a house full of people continually on the run for a few days. We'll get it in shape eventually.
One of my favorite things...show weekends and hanging out with my family and friends, and running over random food items that we don't know what else to do with. It's too boring to just throw it away.
I am going...to Disney tomorrow!
A few plans for the rest of the week...chillin' today--resting up to go to Disney tomorrow. We plan to do the full day from morning to night--I think the fireworks don't start until almost ten. Can we make it that long? If my feet don't fall off I can do it. We are also going back to the beach, bowling, and playing lots of Phase 10. Kayla likes the game as much as we do. We are also going to a birthday party and I have a book club meeting. Ollie finishes school this week and has a two week vacation before summer school starts. He mentioned a short vacation...nothing like spontaneity. We'll see if that pans out.
A picture thought I'm sharing...
Aunt Clara got to meet Rosie. When we put the bunny on her lap she just laughed and laughed. It was pretty funny. Then she said, "I'd like a fur coat made out of this rabbit." I said, "We're going to pretend that you didn't just say that, Aunt Clara." I think what she meant was, "Wow, this rabbit is soft!"
If you want to participate in the daybook, see Peggy here.

6 comments:

crispy said...

What a cute comment about the bunny. =)

Hope your feet are feeling great.

Smith Schoolhouse said...

PLEASE consider getting a wheel chair for the day at Disney!!! or maybe a motorized scooter? You know you don't need to be on your feet all day like that. Besides you will get front of the line treatment all day!

Veronica said...

Hi Tiffany! It's been awhile since I last visited you. Hope you and the family are well. Evan loves Bibleman too :)

Sarah said...

Sounds like you have a fun week planned and yes, I am oh so jealous of your day tomorrow. What a treat to live in Florida - at least most of the time, right?

I'll be anxious to hear how it goes and hope you hold up well.

Cindy said...

Love the bunny comment (and picture!) Have a nice week and enjoy Disney!

Jill said...

Tiffany, thanks so much for the headsup on the CCS book sale on Sat. We went, we were about 50th in line and we were so blessed to get some of just what we needed. We were on our way home by nine a.m.