So, how are you on this HOT, steamy Friday afternoon. Me? Let's see...I'm grumpy, arbitrarily angry, seriously craving chocolate and Chick-fil-a, hormonal, and alone (just how I want to be). Because I am a people pleaser to a tee and super social, having a guest for two weeks is super fun for me and super mentally taxing. I expected that after Kayla left I would probably be a little stressed and need some time to "come down." But, I didn't factor in a whopping case of PMS. I pretty much begged Ollie to either go and take the kids somewhere or send me to a hotel for a few days where I could chill and collect myself. I haven't wanted to be ALONE like this in a looong time. Because of a few commitments and because of my top desire being the chance to be in my own home alone, Ollie has taken the kids out for the afternoon and evening and will do the same tomorrow. Bless my dear husband!!! I have had a nap and am already feeling a little more normal. I am seriously battling the temptation to go to Chick-fil-a and use my calendar coupon to buy a value meal and get a kid's meal and eat all of it! I love Chick-fil-a and have not gone there in well over a month. I am trying desperately to stay on this diet, eat healthy, yada, yada, yada, yada. I won this Chick-fil-a battle a couple of days ago and I have pretty much won it today too. I have however had a piece of toast with "Dark Chocolate Dreams" peanut butter on it and another small spoonful of it. That stuff is to die for!!! And, it's halfway healthy. Healthier than greasy fries at least. I mean, dark chocolate is and anti-oxidant right? It fights cancer doesn't it? There may also be some coconut milk ice cream in my future after I make a short social call (I know, I said I wanted to be alone but it's a birthday thing for a good friend, so I think I can be nice for a little while). Not healthy but not as bad as some other things I'm craving. On a positive note, my two hours today was spent going through clothes for the kids. I had gotten really lazy about this and had been throwing things up on the closet shelf that was winter clothes or too big or too small etc. I found a bin in the garage full of summer clothes for Joe and Ollie helped him go through what fitted him and what to keep and what to give away. His tastes have DEFINITELY changed. He picked three polo style shirts and one button down hawaiian shirt. A year ago he wouldn't wear any shirt that wasn't a t-shirt. His love for everything camo hasn't waned at all...
Have a good evening...I am hopeful that mine will be good after a nap and some more alone time with just me and my book.
6 comments:
I thought you seemed not your usual self today. Glad you got some "me" time and will get more tomorrow!
Glad you are able to have some down time to regroup and get refreshed. Sounds like you are staying strong and fighting the cravings. Good for you -
Call upon Him to sustain you and bring you out of your doldrums...:)
(My oldest lives in his camo clothes, too!)
Rest up my friend and show yourself a little grace. :>)
Hope you're feeling better. I bought the dark chocolate dreams peanut butter yesterday...YUUUMMMMMYYYYYY!!!!
Every couple of months (sometimes weeks depending on what is going on), I get the same way. Good for you for getting some alone time. You are not alone in your Chik-Fil-A battle.
Thank you for coming last night! It means even more knowing how you were feeling and you came any way!
Next time you are feeling this way let me know. We'll pack our bags and head to Vegas to become showgirls! (Just the mental picture of you and me dancing with big hair, feather boas, sparkling leotards and bright purple ostrich feathers sticking out of the top of our heads in super high heels should be enough to get you rolling on the floor laughing!) :)
Post a Comment