
A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...June 29, 2009
Outside my window...it's sunny and hot but also thundering so there's a storm close by. Welcome to a Central Florida afternoon!
I am thinking...about how unmotivated and disorganized I am and that it's okay because it's summer!
I am thankful...for the relaxed pace of summer, it has taken me weeks to embrace it and not continually feel like I have to be productive.
From the kitchen...I don't have much of a menu plan this week. Just eat what we have since we are going out of town this weekend. I'm trying to eat at least one if not two raw meals a day--salad or green smoothie or fruit and almond butter. Stuff like that.
From the learning rooms...Ollie did 7 science experiments on Saturday and I had Hannah do two weeks worth of reading for My Father's World but other than that not a whole lot. We are going to Medieval Times for dinner tomorrow night so we may do a crash course on knights and other medieval stuff before we go. I'll have to check the bookshelf and see what we've got.
I'm creating...a long list of "books I've read." I totally have the reading bug, in this heat what else is there to do?
I am wearing...a blue sundress that I haven't been able to fit into in two years!
I am reading...I finished my challenge book and it was a challenge to get through. It was "Catskill Eagle," by Robert Parker. It was a good book just not my thing. At the library today I picked up an odd, yet interesting assortment of books. I got "Every Day Deserves a Chance," by Max Lucado. He's a great christian author so hopefully this one won't disappoint. For fiction I got "The Friendship Test," by Elizabeth Noble. I'm not sure what it's really about, all I know is that I liked the cover and I know it's about 4 women who are very different but good friends. The next one is "In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms," by Laura Schelssinger. I'm not sure I'll actually read this one but I liked her book about marriage and I was curious about what she had to say about SAHMs. And finally, just for fun, "The Darwin Awards," by Wendy Northcutt. This is just a bunch of short stories about people who've done really dumb things that usually results in their death. The stories are from the website www.DarwinAwards.com. I hate to think of these poor people's families though who've lost a loved one and now that loved one is being made fun of. I probably shouldn't read it but I'm going to anyway. I'm a rebel like that.
I am hoping...for a big thunderstorm!
I am hearing...only the wind in the trees. Ollie is at work and the kids are at my aunt and uncle's.
Around the house...I was gone all day Saturday and barely got off the couch yesterday and haven't been home today so let's just say it looks lived in and slept in and eaten in.
One of my favorite things...a book, a couch, and a storm
I am going...to Nebraska for a family reunion on Thursday!
A few plans for the rest of the week...getting ready to go to Nebraska, Medieval Times for dinner tomorrow night to celebrate my birthday, spending the afternoon at a friend's house, finding the energy and motivation to clean my house (I'm thinking a tall glass of Thai tea might provide the energy), reading, time with the kids being a "focused mother."
A picture thought...
3 comments:
congrats on fitting into that dress!!! Medieval Times sounds like an intersting place-enjoy your birthday diner! Have a good week and enjoy your time in Nebraska!
Great job on fitting into the dress! Yeah! Medieval Times is great - I took Harrison for his birthday- Enjoy. Take your camera...great photo ops!
Happy Birthday! Enjoy your dinner. Travel safe.
Post a Comment