
A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...June 15
Outside my window...it's bright and sunny and warm and it's only 7:45. It's sure to be another blazing hot day here in the Sunshine state.
I am thinking...that I have been doing this daybook for over a year and I think it is my favorite post of the week. I look forward to it every week.
I am thankful for...VBS!! My kids go this week and next--9 blessed mornings!! I love that while they are there they are learning about God and in an atmosphere where people are excited about worship and sharing their faith. We didn't get to go to any last year because of theatre camp so I'm especially excited about this year. I have a to do list a mile long!
From the kitchen...ravioli, squash and zucchini, and salad for dinner tonight, lots of fresh vegetables the rest of the week along with whatever else I can find, I'm not going to the store this week! We need to clean out the freezer and cabinets and fridge. Time for some creativity. I have tons of produce to get through and more coming today. I love having fresh produce but feel such an urgency to use it before it all goes bad which seems to happen all at once.
From the learning rooms...reading and I'd like to do some science experiments with Grace or get Ollie too. We have about 6 kits that need to be dug into and used. Summer is a good time.
I am creating...a photo book for March, April, and May. Free shipping ends on Sunday. I also plan to make a couple more on Artscow, where they are really cheap.
I am wearing...comfy pjs.
I am reading...I finished Healing Stones by Nancy Rue and some other guy this weekend--loved it! Now I'm reading Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker, it's good so far but I may have to take a break and read Riven by Jerry Jenkins. I think it's due at the library soon and I probably cannot renew it. Those are what I want to read but there are quite a few things I need to read and I hope to get started on those--Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends, the books about girls growing up that I bought at convention, How to Teach Your Child to Read With Children's books, and some pamphlets that I downloaded from Renee Ellison.
I am hoping...for a great last three days with Kayla--we've had a great visit so far, to get my priorities straight and make a dent in my HUGE to do list.
I am hearing...fans, fans, fans!
Around the house...to be honest it is not too bad but could use a good scrubbing, time to declutter again!
One of my favorite things...the trash omelet at a local cafe. I think I might have one this morning although I don't think Jordan Rubin (The Maker's Diet) would approve.
I am going...to take my kids to VBS, out to breakfast, and then I hope to keep the going to a minimum this week. There is certainly plenty to do at home!
A few plans for the rest of the week...get my wheat berries grind before Julie goes out of town, start some sprouts, eat healthy (after the trash burrito) with NO cheats--life is slowing down again so there are no excuses, make some skirts for theatre, watch some Tim Hawkins, read a lot, fulfill some Bingo prizes--they've been accumulating while we've had company, learn the Hannah Montana Hoedown Throwdown, have a quiet time every day, declutter, trip to the thrift store, is that a good start?
A picture thought...
Grace at the beach in Key Biscayne.
If you want to participate in the daybook, see Peggy here.
6 comments:
Mine get VBS next week at my parents' church...woo-hoo!
I hope that you have a restful and quiet week!
Summer is definitely a good time, isn't it! glad you enjoyed your time with Kayla and that she seems to be better! Have a good week!
So funny that I just went to breakfast with you this morning, and yet I was excited to ready your daybook anyway. I look forward to doing it each week too. I also plan to learn the Hoedown Throwdown!
Love your daybook today. I hope you get lots done. Do you grind your own wheat berries? I have a new wish list - I REALLY, REALLY want a Vita Mix 5200, but BOY, are they spendy. I think I would really save on my grocery bills if I got one, right? Right? Buehler...Buehler...
Thanks for the book recommendations! I love it when you blog your current reading list.
I’ve added a Mr. Linky at Grandmother Wren’s to make it easier for the Summer Daybook ladies to find each other and share our daybooks while Peggy is on vacation.
Please stop by on Mondays and add your link –
I’d love to have you!
http://grandmotherwren.com
Post a Comment