Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Good and Bad

Today has been a day full of good and bad.  Here it is in a nutshell:
Good--Grace had her front tooth pulled today--the one that was sticking out with the permanent tooth almost fully in right behind it.  She did so well, only squirming and whimpering for a second when they gave her a shot.
Bad--while in the waiting room at the dentist I had a chance to read the paper only to discover that an old student of mine killed herself a week ago.  This has been on my heart all day.  She was a troubled teen when I had her as a student and she kind of bonded with me.  She wrote me a poem that I'll put on this blog if I can find it.  I think I still have it.  Apparently, her mom killed herself a year ago, her grandmother sometime before that.  I've spent too much time wishing I had followed up with her after leaving the school.
Good--more fruit flies came in the mail today.  We should have plenty to keep these little mantises going for a few weeks at least.
Bad--my ankle is really bothering me, I'm not sure what is wrong.  It did this about a year or two ago and I went to the doctor and she had me wear a brace.  So, I wore a brace today.
Good--Spent some time with friends and I am finally getting the whole knitting thing.  I found out Sunday that I was doing it wrong and now that I'm doing it right it is going MUCH better.
Bad--a new friend announced that she would be moving, we're just getting to know each other!
Good--Ollie made dinner and gave me 30 minutes completely alone and some good music to listen to.  He is trying to teach me to relax.  I sat in the massage chair and did nothing but listen to music for half an hour!
Bad--I totally ate too much today.  Yesterday was Weight Watchers so today was my day off.  I take a day off or a meal off from counting points a week but still try not to go overboard.  I went overboard with chocolate today because I had brownies in the house.  Bad idea.  
Good--I was down 2 pounds yesterday.  I am making progress slowly but surely.
Bad--I am so tired but there is still more I want to do tonight!
Good--tomorrow is a fresh day and His mercies are new every morning.

7 comments:

5Gustos said...

Both my boys had the same teeth trouble with perms growing in behind the babies. Frustrating!! I just pull them with dental floss tied to the door knob, slamming the door, and let me tell you: the roots on those baby teeth were VERY long! (My father had 8 grow in that way, all pulled by the dentist. Must run in my family somehow.)

crispy said...

Lifes ups and downs. Sorry to be part of the down. =(

Smith Schoolhouse said...

how neat that Ollie is teaching you to relax! Instead of getting frustrated when you are stressed he is being proactive and helping you out!

Also, your ankle, I am sure it is tendinitis from comensation when you limp. It is very common when you already have an injury to develop something like this from over use and over compensation.

oneblessedmamma said...

I was just thinking what an extrodinary friend you were to make me brownies when you are on weight watchers. They were (past tense as of lunch today) SOOOOO GOOOD. Just the way I like them-fudgey-gooey in the middle. YUM!

atotallydifferentperson said...

What a sweet hubby!
You are too funny w/the mantises!
I'll lift up your foot in prayer!
Don't beat yourself up over the former student. All you can do is continue being watchful for who God would have you minister to in the present.You're awesome at that!

mkfergy said...

Get out of town...I totally had a tooth come in during a time when I refused to pull another one. As a matter of fact, I believe my 2nd grade (or some grade) school picture is the proof. I think it was my best picture yet. Mom was none too thrilled. I think it was Beeeuuutiful.

mkfergy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.